Users specifications for compound X10's

wingate_52

I am about to put together a set of X10 arrows for compound use in straw targets 30 - 100yards. I have bought a set of second hand full length 450 spine X 10s and will cut them down to 27", nock to end of shaft. I shoot a 55#plus Elite XLR, Trophy Taker SS rest with an Arc wrist release. I cannot justify spending the excess ?13 per point on Tungsten points, even accepting FOC and everything. So what are forum shooters reccomendations for building these arrows. Cut off at both ends? Pins or in/outs? Wraps of not?Type of vanes? At present I am shooting underspined 610 Navigators with 100gn points, Bohning 1" microvanes and Beiter Humter nocks.

buzz lite beer

I shoot 450's off my 57lb Shadowcat, inch off the back, rest off the front, pins for impact damage reduction, get better arrow speed + they are slightly less fat than is I used the "correct" arrow selection.

wingate_52

I may consider the Tungsten points, harder, less bendy and so much shorter. Better FOC, it's only money, and I would always wonder. Then worry about losing one. Decisions!

buzz lite beer

Not really much "better" FOC well about 2mm further forward wish I could say I was good enough to appreciate the difference, can or could be bought individually (Easton) from a shop

Last edited by a moderator:

wingate_52

Got the Tungstens today. So small and 120gns. Cleaned up the 450 X 10 shafts. Now I need to cut them down from 33 1/2" to 27". Thinking 1 1/2" off the back and the rest off the fronts? Any advice?

wingate_52

Arrows cut, 30mm off the rear and the rest off the front. 120gn Tungstens hot glued, then the pins. Fl Red Beiter Hunter pin nocks and 3 neon red Bohning Shield x vanes at 1 3/4". They weigh in at 369gns. 82gns more than my Navigators, my sight marks have dropped by 16mm at 100 yards. But the grouping is so much better. It is probably the confidence of having matched arrows to the bow. Must not worry over the cost of losing an arrow. Concentrate!

wingate_52

The new arrows seem to work. Maybe a bit long, but just scored 623 in a FITA 70 m and got a six gold end plus a first class score. In the rain.