Visiting other club question

SiKirk

Hi all,
We run a GNAS target club, and we had a request from an NFAS member to come see us and they wanted to shoot as a visitor. Now GNAS Insurance wouldn't cover this, but they seemed to think that NFAS insurance would cover them.
Anyone know how to proceed here?

Cheers

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
I was always under the impression that GNAS insurance only applied if all present shooting were members of GNAS... so whilst he might be covered, you might not be... though I could be wrong...

grimsby archer

The general opinion is that non gnas archers shouldnt shoot with a gnas club, but whether thats just an urban myth, I dont know.
I'm interested to know what NFAS have to say about it, as much as I'd be interested to know what GNAS have to say

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
No their insurance does not cover them for shooting with you as for the situation of shooting at your Club the policy only indemnifies members not non-members.

If you shoot with NFAS I believe you can buy a visitor membership.

From the administrative Procedures 4

The policy indemnifies Archery GB, its Employees, Members, Volunteers,
County and Regional Associations and Clubs affiliated to Archery GB and
their Members.

SiKirk

I was always under the impression that GNAS insurance only applied if all present shooting were members of GNAS... so whilst he might be covered, you might not be... though I could be wrong...
Spoke to Anne @ archerygb today, and she confirms this. A breach of clause 12a apparently. You can now however have a one off assessment session to determine if a person can join the club or needs to do a beginners course, but only if it is minuted by the committee

-Si