W&W limbs draw weights

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
Can anyone remind me how W&W spec their limbs. I currently shoot Xtour which are spec'd at 40lb at 28" at the riser limb bolt mid point and that's how they draw up. This is what I expected. Something in my memory is is telling me W&W limbs spec'd at 38lb will pull up at 38lb at the limb bolt lower setting. ie W&W spec their limbs differently. Or did I dream this? :)

Whitehart

The limbs will weigh up similar ILF - limbs are measured using AMO at 28" - although the actual weight will depend where they rest on the limb pocket.
In general Hoyt limb pocket geometry means that the numbers on the limb will be closest with the limb bolts in the mid position, because the limb pocket geometry of W&W is different the closest the limbs will weigh up in a W&W riser is with the limb bolts fully wound out.

Hoyt and W&W continually refine limb pocket geometry and how the limbs sit in the limb pockets, so there will always be differences depending on the age of the riser and limbs either mix and matching or sticking with one manufacturer.