Waiting impatiently for the post

bobbyger74

My new toys arrive today so constantly listening out for the doorbell like a kid at Christmas waiting for the morning.
Had numerous discussions with Duncan as I have been shooting now for around 6 months and was looking to upgrade my cheapo second hand 30# Bow
After emailing with Duncan, I ordered Stock Hex 6w 64/66L 38# and a 25" Black Douglas CX Riser.
I know they are older models but from what I have read online and in this forum they are still excellent pieces of kit.
As my current ones are Easton xx75 Platinum Plus (Probably not good enough), I went to my local archery shop yesterday and picked up some 30" Easton Da Torch arrows 480 6.3gpi weighing in at around 350 grains.
I also get them in time for the coach coming to my archery club over the weekend so win/win (or should I say Border Archery :cheerful:)

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Heehee. Waiting impatiently is something I understand.
If you know which route the postman uses, you could head him/her off, and cut out some of the waiting time.

Darth Tom

When my Hexes arrived I got a photo of them sat on my partner's desk at work (I had them sent there, they didn't just turn up by accident!). Had to wait all day to finally get hold of them...

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I wish, Its UPS so I have no idea of the route.
Heehee, and no point in asking them.
You could try the old trick of going out for ten minutes. They deliver while you are out, naturally, and when you get back there's a note to say they left them behind the bin.

bobbyger74

UPS has been and I am now the proud owner of a Black Douglas it is absolutely stunning even in standard woods :poulies::cloud9:

bobbyger74

Well, First use today at a coaching session. The bow was absolutely stunning and brought admiration from the other club members. It shot like a dream and very quiet.
The coaching session was organised brining in two coaches from the German Network. Even the coaches had Black Douglases :highfive:.
Although after 6 hours intense coaching using a bow that is 8# heavier than my old one, I am suffering a bit now. My back and shoulders are definitely feeling it. A nice soak in the bath is called for before the next coaching session tomorrow.