WANTED: cheap car

wanted: cheap car.
must have 4 wheels, some MOT and tax. major mechanical faults not a problem so long as the price is right! (although i would prefer if i could drive it home in relative safety).

airbags prefered.

i am in glasgow so anything north of carlisle/newcastle or south of inverness will be considered.

reason for request: i was scraping some ice off my passenger window when a senile old man ran into the back of my parked car, leaving me standing scraping thin air!:raspberry the old guy walked away with his ears ringing from the airbag. my friend went from sitting in my passenger seat to practically into the boot. i thought it was a nice demonstration of airbags working well so i would quite like my next car to have airbags!

Alex

Just go to any car dealer and ask about their trade ins. They normally have some cheap cars kicking about.

My neighbour has recently picked up a Volvo 460, with no major problems but with a fairly long MOT for just ?195!

Alex.

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Kinross motor auctions? A fun night out to boot (if you can stand the fumes)

i actually have one of the glasgow car auctions practically across the road from me, think i'll check it out tonight. im not a big fan of auctions 'cos i kinda like to jack cars up and give the tires a thorough kicking so i know what im letting myself in for and can haggle the price based on the number of faults i find.