WARNING! The dangers of ebay sellers & buyers

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I thought that he was being a little disingenuous by taking photos that clearly show the problem but not mentioning it in the description.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Stolen? It's well used kit, so the chance of the problem not being known to a legit owner is vanishingly small.

DarkMuppet

I messaged him last night to ask if he could check the top limb when strung, he replied back it was fine.... However, he's now uploaded more pictures of the limbs which show a cracked dovetail, which shows better that the limbs are busted! :D

Berny

Definitely a CAVEAT EMPTOR!

...."disingenuous".... a rather generous way of looking at it ;-)

All this quality & naivet?, a snip at ?225!

It's been removed: "This listing was ended by the seller because the item was lost or broken"

Last edited:

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
The odd thing about these "complete bow" listings, in general, is that they'd probably get more selling the individual bits, in any case...

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I messaged him and asked him if he'd had a dry fire and he ended the auction.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Jerry, I think the word "compound" puts people off them. It makes them sound complicated.... so rather than find out just how great they really are, non users mock them. I was brave enough to try one and I am so glad to find what gems they really are.
Sticks and stone may break our bones, Jerry but......
I'm off to find my hard hat.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
I've also seen a barebower sneer at my "bolt-on bowstand"... (I wonder if stick bow enthusiasts find something to twit barebow aficionados about...).