WARNING! The dangers of ebay sellers & buyers

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Loads of them on ebay. Preppers like them. Nasty, and horrid to use, but you'd probably get a few rats when the zombie apocalypse comes.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Just browsing and I found something very odd. I have never seen anything like it - Triangle Compound Bow. Anyone have any info? Looks kind of like the riser from a compound crossbow with the stock removed, or something.
Compact kit is a fascination for some. Though if they want to go that far, they may as well use a sling bow...

oldnut

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Compact kit is a fascination for some. Though if they want to go that far, they may as well use a sling bow...
I was looking at sling bows the other week, thought 'they look fun' and then 'I wonder I they will let me shoot them at cub' followed by 'I think I will make one'...

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
At the end of last outdoor season one of the guys brought an atlatl that he had made. That was great fun and looked easy to make.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Well, I'd expect them to be fully functioning, if they haven't been left in a hot car, dry fired etc, you know, the usual, but nearly ?500 including postage? Worth about a quarter of that, I'd guess.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I'm also concerned by the off centre wear mark in one of the pics. Probably used on a wonky riser, but hmm.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Boy. I should put my old XP10s up... But I don't think I could ask half that...

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
Well, I'd expect them to be fully functioning, if they haven't been left in a hot car, dry fired etc, you know, the usual, but nearly ?500 including postage? Worth about a quarter of that, I'd guess.
to be fair if the pound wasn't so weak the $500 would translate into fewer pounds. Maybe I should hold on to mine a bit longer...

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Just confirmed - these went out of production 2003-4. So at least 14 years old. Pre XP carbon (pretty much all limbs use it now, but Border were the first)

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
That's getting on for what I paid for a new pair :bang: