Washers

wingate_52

The black plastic washer on my Doinker suppressor has failed. What and where do archers get replacement 5/16" bore plastic washers from. I have made leather and plastic ones from tobacco tin lids and thin HIPS plastic sheet, and an about to make some out of green plastic milk bottle caps. So far nothing lasts more than a week. Both the Beiter washers and yellow washers from photocopying machines (thanks Stewart) just balloon! Where can I get the white type of plastic washer that come with twins and long rods?

english_archer

Ironman
Have you tried rubber "O" rings ? they come in all sizes from any d.i.y. shop, used to work fine on my cartel stabs when I had them

soundo26

The black plastic washer on my Doinker suppressor has failed. What and where do archers get replacement 5/16" bore plastic washers from. I have made leather and plastic ones from tobacco tin lids and thin HIPS plastic sheet, and an about to make some out of green plastic milk bottle caps. So far nothing lasts more than a week. Both the Beiter washers and yellow washers from photocopying machines (thanks Stewart) just balloon! Where can I get the white type of plastic washer that come with twins and long rods?
Have you tried your local archery dealer, they usually have loads of them?

sparky steve

Aardvark archery have rubber washers on there online shop.
i've got them on my long and short rods. and there brill at taking out the shock wave :D
and last ages too :D

tel

Fonz Awardee
I buy nylon washers loose from a local tool/fixings supplier - nothing like that near you?

wingate_52

My V-bar is firmly attached to my extender (Doinker Compensator) and that unit is screwed onto the riser and is hand torqued so the V-bar is perpendicular to the riser. It used to stay there without adjustment, but since the original washer failed, I have had consistency problems. Again "O" rings balloon. Tap washers just compress and differ each session I shoot. I have some nylon rod that I will turn down to make some washers when back at school next week. I have been to plumbers, bike shops, DIY chains and to Screwfix, but so far no go. No local archery shops, I will see what I can find at school.Thanks for the advice and offers so far.

The Meggy

I recently bought a pack of 50 M8 nylon washers from "boltmeup" on ebay: eBay UK Shop - stainless bolts: nuts, washers, nyloc nuts. M8 washers are only a very slightly larger hole size than 5/16, so work absolutely fine, you just have to make sure you don't loose them as they don't stay on the thread by themselves. (I had trouble finding anywhere else on the web that didn't want to sell in quantities less than a thousand, or with a minimum order value of at least ?50!)

tel

Fonz Awardee
..M8 washers are only a very slightly larger hole size than 5/16, so work absolutely fine, you just have to make sure you don't lose them as they don't stay on the thread by themselves...
Which is precisely why I buy them by the dozen ;)

The Meggy

Yes indeed they do seem to go missing quite easily LOL, although the 50 pack I bought should last a while I hope!

3rdof5

Mike

If you are up at the club later iv'e got something else for you to try (also from a photocopier) nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Even better it's free.:raspberry:raspberry

wingate_52

A combimation of hard black nylon and green soft PVC seem good at the moment. But thanks Stuart. I will have a go with the new material.

english_archer

Ironman
Mentioned this thread to a friend today he sugested "blu tack" Hmm is he winding me up anybody else come across this use for it ?