Water proofs

wymkof

Hi Folks,

Has any one any idea were I can get a waterproof top with detachable sleeves? I cannot shoot with normal waterproof tops.
Its guaranteed that we will have a hot summer if I buy some new water proofs.

thanks
Milan

jmad

Hi Folks,

Has any one any idea were I can get a waterproof top with detachable sleeves? I cannot shoot with normal waterproof tops.
Its guaranteed that we will have a hot summer if I buy some new water proofs.

thanks
Milan
The best place to try is golf shops or some of the big sports chians that have a small golf dept. (JJb, sports soccer etc)

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
Golf and Cycling are the ways to go

I've got an Altura Cycling gilet that is wind and waterproof and a Tog24 short sleeved golf pullover - one bought reduced online the other at a designer outlet

phil_r_58

Supporter
Supporter
Ironman
One thing I have noticed, maybe others have too? Look at the sleeves. Some are shaped so they point down from the shoulder, whilst others form a horizontal T.

Think about it. You your arms into a T to shoot, but the waist is held tight by a quiver belt, and maybe a chest guard. This means you are pulling against the material.

Just an aside point to check the cut of the arms when looking in a shop.

Ramble over :sorry:

Deemon

Ironman
On a similar subject does anyone have any recommendations for snug, waterproof jackets or tops for small ladies? I have been really struggling to find something to shoot in that is not too baggy around the arms and body, doesn't have a collar that gets in the way etc.

Have looked in golf shops, sports shops, camping shops, not to mention various websites. Haven't found anything appropriate yet. Last weekend at Wetherby I ended up just wearing a waterproof jacket between ends and getting wet on the line. Far from ideal.

Suggestions anyone? :gloomy:

Kae

The American
American Shoot
Hi Deemon,

Cycling jackets are probably the sort of thing you're looking for.

They come in sizes of microscopic to tiny and are fitted (aerodynamics and the such, lol). I use one that I found (they do them if FB sizes as well if you look hard enough) and means I don't have issues with the coat catching the string.

Kae.

bluebow

You could try the 3rd Element form Paramo. Converts to a gilet by detaching sleeves:

Paramo

Alternatively, why not by a discounted jacket in an outlet village and cut the sleeves to suit?

Deemon

Ironman
Hi Deemon,

Cycling jackets are probably the sort of thing you're looking for.

They come in sizes of microscopic to tiny and are fitted (aerodynamics and the such, lol). I use one that I found (they do them if FB sizes as well if you look hard enough) and means I don't have issues with the coat catching the string.

Kae.
Cool, thanks Kae. Any ideas where I could get these from? I'm thinking cycling shops (obviously) but anywhere else? Any specific retailers that you know of that have a good range or websites? If yours is something you would recommend what brand is it?

Cheers!

wymkof

Just a quick thank you.
I will be spending this weekend surfing the sites to pick new waterproofs.
So look out for the current bun on Sunday :rotfl: