Waterproof scoresheets

Dougal

Given the current spell of damp weather, I thought I'd share some info about waterproof paper that I came across.Credit is due to Northern Ireland Civil Service archers as I first saw it in use last year.I was very impressed and have since used it at our clubs open FITA yesterday, where the sun shone all day and the temperature hit 24 degrees!

The paper is available online, I'll not advertise the website but the paper is sold under the name "Rite in the rain". Its an American product, and can be printed with a laser printer. Ordinary pens can be used when the paper is dry, but when its wet, something like a spacepen or powertank are best.

I have carried out a test where I printed a sheet, immediately put it under a running tap, and then wrote on it with a power tank pen.I couldn't rub the ink off, and the paper can be wiped dry.It doesn't disintegrate either.

And it works out at 8p a sheet.

not dead yet

Ironman
waterproof

been using waterproof paper score sheets at North Wales tournaments for 20 yrs.. thought people new about it but didn't like paying for it..

Dougal

Even with double scoring and seperate sheets for each distance, it means 6 to 8 sheets per boss, for 4 archers thats 50p or so onto the organisers cost for each boss.And it must be worth far more than that given that the scores are legible.

At the Scottish Champs last year, it p****d down all Sunday.By lunchtime, the scoresheets were like toilet paper, wet soggy toilet paper.At the end of the tourney, the organiser couldn't do the results because he couldn't read them or get them off the boards. People were trying to dry them under the hand driers in the club house.

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Why not say where you got it Dougal? At 8p a sheet, that's pretty cheap.

Dougal demonstrated these to us at the shoot - very impressive, and I've never seen any other brand so cheap

Last edited:
C

Cimbian

At the Scottish Champs last year, it p****d down all Sunday.By lunchtime, the scoresheets were like toilet paper, wet soggy toilet paper.At the end of the tourney, the organiser couldn't do the results because he couldn't read them or get them off the boards. People were trying to dry them under the hand driers in the club house.
Last week I think my son's boss had four replacement sheets due to them disintegrating in the rain.

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Just remember to use an ordinary biro pen and not a gel pen... otherwise the scores will depart before your very eyes!! :beer:

archer

Given the current spell of damp weather, I thought I'd share some info about waterproof paper that I came across.Credit is due to Northern Ireland Civil Service archers as I first saw it in use last year.I was very impressed and have since used it at our clubs open FITA yesterday, where the sun shone all day and the temperature hit 24 degrees!

The paper is available online, I'll not advertise the website but the paper is sold under the name "Rite in the rain". Its an American product, and can be printed with a laser printer. Ordinary pens can be used when the paper is dry, but when its wet, something like a spacepen or powertank are best.

I have carried out a test where I printed a sheet, immediately put it under a running tap, and then wrote on it with a power tank pen.I couldn't rub the ink off, and the paper can be wiped dry.It doesn't disintegrate either.

And it works out at 8p a sheet.
i had a look a the website there paper for inkjet printers too but a lot dearer i am glad we did't have to try the paper out it turn out great thanks for the ices :beer:

Florence

Ironman
Dougal demonstrated these to us at the shoot - very impressive, and I've never seen any other brand so cheap
It's his new party trick Murray !!! "Watch while I soak this piece of paper and then write on it through the water!" :cheerful:

BUT the most impressive bit of the trick is that buying the paper and being ultra-prepared meant that the sun came out and we all got sun burn !! :duh:

Think maybe we should have provided cold showers for us to stand under out on the field in the afternoon while we all tucked into the icecreams !!! (Could have tested the paper at the same time !!!) :duck:

Thunk

Ironman
Given the current spell of damp weather, I thought I'd share some info about waterproof paper that I came across.Credit is due to Northern Ireland Civil Service archers as I first saw it in use last year.QUOTE]

Well, if you drew up a list of places where waterproof paper would be most useful, my guess is that 'Norn Iron' would be top of it! :D

cornish george

Given the current spell of damp weather, I thought I'd share some info about waterproof paper that I came across.Credit is due to Northern Ireland Civil Service archers as I first saw it in use last year.QUOTE]

Well, if you drew up a list of places where waterproof paper would be most useful, my guess is that 'Norn Iron' would be top of it! :D
Along with North Wales one assumes.

the_bowman

Copier Paper
Copy or laser print your own all-weather forms, charts & field worksheets. Ideal for any field note taking situation. Works in most copiers and laser printers. 200 sheets per pack.
#8512?A4 210mm x 297mm. ?31.02 each

taken from the colebrand international web site, in the student products range section

FunTee

We started using it this year. we found that the best way to use it was if it started raining to blot it with a piece of tissue before writing and you could use a normal biro (the only problem I've come across was that the judge only had a red gel pen so the corrections got a bit dubious ;))

Dougal

Copier Paper
Copy or laser print your own all-weather forms, charts & field worksheets. Ideal for any field note taking situation. Works in most copiers and laser printers. 200 sheets per pack.
#8512?A4 210mm x 297mm. ?31.02 each

taken from the colebrand international web site, in the student products range section
The website I got it from was ?16 for 200 sheets, plus delivery.I bought thre different colours 600 sheets in all, delivery was ?7. Centremaps, for those interested.

Twanging Around

Waterproof Score Sheets

After months of experimenting, we got there. Don't waste money on TOUGHPRINT at 74p a sheet try COLORWAY photo paper at 6p a sheet (A4).

It works got a good test this week at double york. Inkjet printer on 140g double sided matte, otherwise water creeps in through the back.

ALSO
Anybody interested in an Excel Spreadsheet loaded with macros to print off results sheets at the end on the prizegiving (OK so I'm bragging, just a bit). Can be customised easily to suit any shoot.

Hope this is the right forum area for such matters!

[Murray: waterproof scoresheets threads merged]

Last edited by a moderator:

Zippo

anyone know of any waterproof scorebooks? I might be interested. I just screwed up my scorebook in the rain not long ago and I doubt I'd want to experience that again.