What are the best arrows for 3D?

AndyW

Is it legal to have different arrows for different distances?
Yes NFAS, as long as they are marked up correctly. I thought about having a set of 6 skinny and 6 chunky arrows for this very reason but I dismissed the idea after thinking a bit harder due to rest/finger release. For release aid as long as you know the sight marks I guess it's not a bad idea at all.
On a side note, there's all sorts of arrow sets knocking about due to breakages / repairs, type / length / vanes etc. and it's quite usual to carry a s**t arrow you don't mind losing for those questionable shots.

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
My Powerflights seem to fly very similarly to my ACGs despite being a bit fatter. But the accuracy tails off over about 40 yards whereas the ACGs seem to hang onto it. Both have very similar nocks.

And yep, an old beater of an arrow is good for those shots where a loss is likely! I usually stick an XX75 in.

AndyW

I'm surprised Victory 3DHVs haven't been mentioned. I use them for both Barebow Recurve and Compound 3D.ive never had such a flat trajectory, perfect for Unknown Distance.
They're on my list if I ever get chance to mangle the 5 new sets I purchased prior to lockdown. Black Eagle Carnivores (unmade ), GT velocity and GT ultralight. I've got a couple of Dz VForce Elites which i was very happy with until i got bored and swapped. I think it's the Ultralight pro in quiver at the moment (wherever that ended up - thanks, swmbo).

AndyW

My Powerflights seem to fly very similarly to my ACGs despite being a bit fatter. But the accuracy tails off over about 40 yards whereas the ACGs seem to hang onto it. Both have very similar nocks.

And yep, an old beater of an arrow is good for those shots where a loss is likely! I usually stick an XX75 in.
You've just got to watch the tendency to shoot that arrow all day (which i end up doing). "But my arrows are so pretty and I'm not quite sure - it'd be a shame to only have 11" lol.

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
You've just got to watch the tendency to shoot that arrow all day (which i end up doing). "But my arrows are so pretty and I'm not quite sure - it'd be a shame to only have 11" lol.
I have to admit I do wince a bit if I need to use an ACG. Over a lake. Past a tree. Into a little target...!