Barebow What arrow rest do you use?

RayM

Hello all,

As the title states, what arrow rest do you use on your barebow rig?

I currently use a wire rest, was thinking of upgrading to acc's from my jazz arrows which would mean I'd need to replace the rest - so the conundrum is...do I go for a fancy adjustable rest which gives me flexibility to switch arrows or do I go for the Hoyt Super Pro (and if I really need to adjust it its cheap so I can put another one on). With the plastic rest I can imagine that it will wear out due to the stringwalking affecting it differently whereas the wire rest would be more robust.

Cheers,
I.

Hotsauce

I have tried a lot of rests. My favorite so far is the AAE Freeflyte Elite. You can flip the magnet so that it pulls the wire instead of pushing. Solid and easy to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blakey

Hello all,

As the title states, what arrow rest do you use on your barebow rig?

I currently use a wire rest, was thinking of upgrading to acc's from my jazz arrows which would mean I'd need to replace the rest - so the conundrum is...do I go for a fancy adjustable rest which gives me flexibility to switch arrows or do I go for the Hoyt Super Pro (and if I really need to adjust it its cheap so I can put another one on). With the plastic rest I can imagine that it will wear out due to the stringwalking affecting it differently whereas the wire rest would be more robust.

Cheers,
I.
The Spig ZT is quite popular, strong and easy to adjust. Reasonable price too. Altservices carry them. You'll find you probably need more than plastic if you string walk. The longer crawls put a lot if pressure on the wire. Cheers

steve Morley

I'm using the Gabriel rest that came with the Vanquish, typical German quality, so I'm very happy with it.

I have the ZT on the Moon, it works pretty well, but needed to bend the wire arm otherwise the skinny arrows don't sit in the middle of the plunger, not happy about having to do this as I feel you weaken the wire arm, or even risk breaking the whole thing.

RayM

ok folks, I got me a Spig Z/T. cut off the tip and just aligned it so that my arrow is inline with the pressure button without bending it it any way. I have set the magnet such that its very light however I think this has led to the rest making a very loud sound on release as it rattles off the riser a few times. So, how have you set up the magnet?
And if it is very light then does it make a loud sound on release.

though, it could be that I have poor clearance and the rest is getting battered by fletch on the way out - my nock height is at 2mm

Hotsauce

I recently switched riser to the Tempest. Also switched to a Gabriel bi drop. Loving the combo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk