What kind of Tabs

silver streak

Interested in what kind of tabs we all use I use a modified spig tab with quite thin leather surface, and usually use talc for a smooth release. What do you fellow toxophilites use?

Stu

Ironman
Modified tab

I'm trying an A + F tab which I have a layer of Teflon sheet material bonded to the surface. Seems to do the trick on release, no talcuum powder required, trying differant thicknesses to improve durability.

Max

Spig Super Tab, with a bit of leather on the platform to prevent it hacking lumps out of me (they can be a bit sharp around the edges. I have used these for a couple of years now and apart from the backing leather (or whatever it is) which wears fairly quickly, the face material is bomb prooof.

tel

Fonz Awardee
Cartel smart tab (cavalier rip-off). Recently had to change the spacer - old version no longer available, so struggling to customise the new one..:bang:

PaulT

The American
Ironman
American Shoot
Mine has the same basis as yours SS. Its based on a Spig but thats where the similarity ends. It has an extra layer (which is cavalier because it nearly fits and AW don't sell Spig spares) - I prefer a 3 layer tab; reduces human contact and therefore human error. The finger spacer was from an A&F tab and has been built up to a size I like with car body filler.

sky_high30

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
A&F Large. Had problems recently with my fingers sliding together in the direction of the arrow, soon solved by a sharp knife roughing up the offending smooth areas. Cured the problem. Nicely worn in, and comfortable.

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
I had been using a Wilson Black Widow tab with no ledge for a long time, and liked it a lot. Recently I switched to an A&F ("Dutch") tab with a ledge, to see what there was to see. It had the unexpected effect of stopping me from tilting my head -- seems the high ledge on the Dutch tab "gooses" my head into the right place. Hmm! Now I just need to find something that "gooses" the insides of my head into the right place...

JohnK

I've shot with several tabs, but I've recently come back to an XL Cavalier with finger spacer. I really liked the Spigarelli Confort tab, but I prefer the alignment plate of the Cavalier. I had some good results with the A&F, but the tab ledge was so big it needed modification, and I never seemed to get it quite right.

FrodoGrant

tarkwin said:
Cavalier with mods to leathers and spacers.

T.
Cavalier for me too, but I can't decide whether or not to use the finger spacer.. I think I need to trim the leather too, but haven't plucked up the courage to get the scissors out...:boggled:

T

TimCroot

I use an A&F but had to remove material from the top part where it was digging in to the outside of my index finger, easily done with a file and patience. Am thinking of cutting some of the leather off to make it shorter for my finger length.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
An untrimmed Spiga Confort tab (the recent design), cordovan face, treated with neats foot oil.

sky_high30

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I gave up on bog standard leather beginners tabs when I went through the middle of 3 in 4 weeks...

wingate_52

I alternate between two Cavalier tabs, finger spacers and ledges, cordovan leather on both, talc between layers and ends trimmed and nock area widened for a smooth release