What spine arrows etc

airborne09

I don't know if I am asking this question in the correct way , but I have a Hungarian wood laminated Horse bow 40lb draw weight with my draw pull length of 26" , bow length is 56" . For this type of bow with these dimensions , what type of arrow , weight / length / Spine / point and fletching would be most appropriate ?
I have read several times that the spine poundage should be 5 or 10 lbs less than the draw weight , is this correct ?
Thanks

D

Deleted member 7654

Those horsebows have a narrow grip and high brace height, thus the arrow doesn't need to flex much to get past the grip, so I'd suggest maybe 5 below the draw weight or the actual draw weight would be about right. They also have a smoother acceleration curve than an ELB so prob' needs trial and error.
I'd suggest buying half a dozen at 35-40 and half a dozen at 40-45. I'd suggest 100 gn point (not much gained by going lighter, and heavier will slow 'em down) I use 3" parabolic fletchings, much bigger will slow 'em down.
probably sensible to start with 28" length, that will allow you to break off points and replace 'em eventually creating a set of the slightly shorter ones (don't mix arrow lengths)
Del