What's new at your club?

hooktonboy

The American
Ironman
American Shoot
Hi Marcus, spare a thought for the poor Welsh then, we need a shooting line cover to stay dry! Mind you we've had up to 30 degrees all of this week!:beer: :beer:

its my party and

Ironman
Marcus that is Just amazing!

Marcus26 said:
Our club just received a grant to put a shade over our whole shooting line, all 90m of it.
This will allow us to shoot in summer under cover and help protect us against the nasty Aussie sun. Jan/Feb is pretty bad down here, often reaching 40?C with massive UV ratings. Pretty easy to burn within 30min just shooting. By contrast I spent 3 weeks in Madrid last year under 35?c heat and barely tanned.
I cant believe we would be able to do anything like that here in the UK. Is there a picture of the design you can post or a photo even. Covers keep out the rain as well so its not as if we wouldnt have a use for it. :knockout:

Mistake

Ironman
My county (SAMPAA) had its U18 Gents Recurve Portsmouth record broken on the 19th of November. It was prevously 570, and on the 19th i shot a 572 at a County open championship, qualifying for the record claim.

One of my club members gained a Blue tassel in a record status Clout competition..

other than that.. its all quiet on the Radnor Foresters front

its my party and

Ironman
Westcott Archers Between Bicester and Aylesbury!

We will be holding our inaugural INDOOR 3D shoots in January 07. Starting with a GNAS shoot on 13th January followed by a NFAA on 20th January 2007. So any archers wanting to come and shoot big game indoors in the warm including our croc in a waterfall. Click here for an entry form! Food and hot drinks available on the day. www.badgermole.com/westcott
Come along and enjoy it while its new 3 sessions available on the days.

Marcus26

We just built a sunshade for our target range. With high UV levels in Australia and 35-40 degree heat in summer this has been long overdue.
It's 90m long and designed to shade the line till about 4pm.
Took 2 days to put up, ironically I got burnt while helping with it.
It woin't stop the wind though. :(

Munsterman

We had our ground inspected by Regional Judge and were given the ok to use it for all levels of competition as the facilities were deemed so good. We are only in existence a few months but are considering holding a tournament next year.

GreenSteve

We had our ground inspected by Regional Judge and were given the ok to use it for all levels of competition as the facilities were deemed so good. We are only in existence a few months but are considering holding a tournament next year.
Nice one don`t suppose your in Kent are you :)

Mistake

Ironman
we've got more beginners than experianced archers to teach them atm... and more keep appearing and asking if they can join (i blame the schools coaching we did a while ago) and i'm like the other archer not teaching on a thursdya night (more because i've been told to keep the volume of arrows up than me being selfish)

hooktonboy

The American
Ironman
American Shoot
we've got more beginners than experianced archers to teach them atm... and more keep appearing and asking if they can join (i blame the schools coaching we did a while ago) and i'm like the other archer not teaching on a thursdya night (more because i've been told to keep the volume of arrows up than me being selfish)
Tell me about it!! I've still got 30 on a waiting list for beginners courses, with about 18 active club members, three who actually teach regularly. I can't believe how much the demand has rocketed, and with only Sundays available for teachin and club shooting its hard to get the balance right (and even harder to get some shooting in myself!):melodrama

KINGYROO COMETH

Nothings happened on here for ages. Well at my club we've got an agm set for 20th January so that should be fun (and heated) as there are a lot of different views about certain 'issues' at the moment.

MATTeL

We have lovely green h-frame stands now that can be folded away as well.

Compliment the permanent h-frame stands in natural wood colour that are set up inside.

We also got a new trolley after the last one suffered a missing wheel.

cliveanne

Ironman
We have just purchased 2 "pop-up" gazebos from Aldi ?50.00 each. By the time they have been put up, we might have just got the frame sorted out on the old one. :D

Ninja_Matt

For the second year running at our club we are introducing blind schools to the sport. Where a number of handy sighted individuals get the opportunity to shoot at targets (balloons etc./ some even go on to attempt a portsmouth score). This starts again tomorrow.

Helping the community, bringing archery to all.

Ninja_Matt

Forgot to mention personal best of 550, now need to work on 575 for next badge in the NEUAL(North of England University Archery League) Portsmouth competition.

Bringing it on since CITV in the 80's