whats your stabilizer set up lengths & weights

robert43

Hi I given up on the 1back rod now. I was wondering what is your set up ie rod lengths & weights front & back thanks

dropbear

I have just shifted to one back rod after shooting my compound for 3 years with two back rods.
When I moved from recurve to compound I just changed my stabs from one bow to the other because that was what I was used to.
Earlier this year bought a Krossen long rod and one short rod and tried this configuration for the first time ever.
The bow at rest cants to the right(I'm a lefty) a fair bit but at full draw it holds easily and shoots without any problems.
I've been shooting my best ever scores with the single back rod.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Minimum weight is kind of determined by the sort of setup you want to use. Adding a v-bar to the mix tends to kick the weight up a fair bit, as they tend to be rather solid chunks of metal... Actually, even the carbon ones seem to be weighty...

Do you want total weight, weight of weights, weight of individual components...?

EVC

Well, the problem I see with answering this question is one size does not fit all. What works for me may (or should) not work for you.

Anyway at the end of the long rod I have three weights plus a Cartel Midas damper plus one cap weight. According with Alt Serv's info, 24g for the base weights, 40g for the end cap. Thus the weights alone are 104g plus 24g of the damper (same source) or ~130g total. On the twins, a Fivics mini damper (20g?) plus one end cap so around 65g each. I have a picture that shows it. The end cap has a plastic cover to protect and avoid it slips when I am placing the arrow.

I hope this helps.

Elder.

ladyboyharv

Doinker Advancee long rod (32inch), shibuya 45 deg vee bar and twin Advancee side rods (12 inch), Doinker 4 inch extender. The long rod has a home made 7 oz brass weight attached and the side rods have 3 oz of brass on each.

Aleatorian

Cartel Carbon long rod (30"), Cartel Carbon twins (12" each), Cartel 202 adjustable V bar and a Cartel Carbon extender (5").
Long rod has 88.5g on it, left side rod has 66g on it and the right side rod has 45g on it.

I find this gives a nice forward roll on release as well as being balanced in front of the pivot point and upside down 1" along the extender.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Spigarelli Scorpion carbon rods. Easton X10 extender. Cavalier J-bar (angled).
Long rod 26 inches (minus weights) - 96g. Weights doinker and endcap - 106g. Total 202g.
Short rods 10 inches (minus weights) - 58g. Weight and doinker - 69g. 127g x 2 = 254g.
Extender 5 inches - 58g.
V-bar and bolt - 129g.
Overall Total - 643g.

This produces a balance point dead level with the throat of the grip and about 1.5 inches in front of the riser.

Last edited:

Ar-Pe-Lo

Info of other people setup will not help you......you need have your bow balanced - it should be you aim and no one can help with this. For example we can have same setup and it will be great for me if I shoot 50# OTF, but definitly too heavy for someone else who shoot 35#OTF. There are too many variables so only way is to buy some spare weights and try it :)

fanio

Info of other people setup will not help you......you need have your bow balanced - it should be you aim and no one can help with this. For example we can have same setup and it will be great for me if I shoot 50# OTF, but definitly too heavy for someone else who shoot 35#OTF. There are too many variables so only way is to buy some spare weights and try it :)
good advice this

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Hell, given the range of things people have shot over the years, "try it" is probably the best advice...
Flat systems, top rods, back balances, quad bars, swing bars...