Where does Flatbow fall under GNAS rules?

Decided to try shooting some rounds on my new Flatbow and had a look at what scores you need to get a 3rd class classification and I can't see a category for Flatbow.

I'm assuming it won't fall into the Longbow category but will it fall into Recurve Barebow?

Any help would be great as I plan on shooting tomorrow.

Insanity-Rocks

Hang on your saying a a fibre glass bow with a rest is shot along side English longbow which is in effect a primitive bow?

That's so not fair... AFB is more on par with Barebow.. ;-)
Bowstyles FITA recognise for 3D are longbow (basically wooden bow with no recurved limbs, shelf allowed but not a rest) Instinctive (Recurve bow with a wooden riser, fixed anchor point/finger positions on string) Barebow (Stringwalking allowed) and Compound.

It does seem strange to me to have three bowstyles so similar, but it's what the powers that be have decided is best! ;). You'll see a lot of the GB longbowers shooting FITA/gnas 3D have switched to AFB to not be at a massive disadvantage with a ELB

Simon Banks

Sounds like FITA doesn't give a monkeys about traditional archers.. I'm glad I shoot with NFAS who recognise classes for Primitive, English longbow and American longbow. But then NFAS is more traditional archery then AGB and FITA IMHO.

Corax67

This came up on Saturday when I was shooting a club AFB for fun, several people were asking if there were classification scores for 3rd, 2nd, 1st class etc and I thought not but I was told GNAS/AGB had created a separate class for them just last month - my guess is I was misinformed.

Karl

Mark31121

Ironman
AFB has been a class (for flight at least) for a couple of years now - but as there aren't many people shooting it in target then it might take a while to work out what the classifications would be as they're primarily based on percentiles