which sight

doubletop

i shoot a 45# compund bow and am wanting advice on which sight i should buy. i dont have a sight and am open to all suggestions max price ?100 ideally should be easy to use as i not the brightest spark in the box. it also needs to be hard wearing and easy to maintain as i only want to buy once any help appreciated

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
You can get a decent multi-pin sight at that price, but if you want a standard sight and scope, you're pretty much restricted to second-hand. Quicks at Sapcote might have something in, but they're not usually cheap.

One bit of advice -- avoid the Arten Midas. That's the one you're most likely to find kicking around at that price. It's alright for target shooting once it's set up, but it's a pig to set up and it's much too fiddly for field.

Tuck

You can certainly get a basic setup for £100

Cheap Toxonics for £45-85
Petron for similar

Scope
Petron £20-30
Cartel £20 or less

Try the usual suspects Bowsports, Alternative, CustomBuilt, Chiltern.

Sometime Gillbags has some on ebay - like right now!

Dave

R

rgsphoto

Tuck said:
You can certainly get a basic setup for ?100

Cheap Toxonics for ?45-85
Petron for similar

Scope
Petron ?20-30
Cartel ?20 or less

Try the usual suspects Bowsports, Alternative, CustomBuilt, Chiltern.

Sometime Gillbags has some on ebay - like right now!

Dave
DON't Buy a Petron G1 from Ebay. They are rubbish, awfull build quality, mine fell to bits.

stuart

In my opinion the merlin is the best sight for the money. Very strong, easy to use and nothing moves. Ben Jones sometimes sells them new on e-bay for ?90. Bargain!

doubletop

thanks stuart
i rate merlin and their staff highly and i dont live too far away so will have to go and ask
toxonics 1400 was my starting point does any one have opinions on the toxonics tackdriver

tel

Fonz Awardee
Theres a 1500 on ebay going this evening - don't know if thats any good to you....

Barry C

The K@K sights are carbon, strong and robust and very cheap. I have one and my brother has one. They are good and have never been any trouble at all. The yare on ebay sold from south korea.