[RECURVE] WIAWIS stabilisers - matching dampers

mbaker74

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I bought a full set of WIAWIS nano stabilisers for my new Uukha set up. Does anyone else who uses these stabilisers have dampers fitted? I want a set that fit properly and actually match the diameter. The Fivics dampers I already have are not the same diameter and just look wrong.

I found a set of WIAWIS dampers, but they are 2" long and are classed as damper weights, plus on 8 weeks special delivery...

jonUK76

I have just one damper on mine, on the long rod. IIRC it's the Win & Win WTW damper weight (the company that supplied the stabilisers didn't have the Wiawis damper in stock). It's a ball type but it looks fine to me. The only slight issue is the threaded rod was a bit too long to hang the mid weights off it without a gap, so I've just attached the deeper cap weight to the damper.

My plan was to try the one to start off with, and add dampers to the side rods if I felt it needed it. I don't think it needs them.

I guess any damper is in reality a "damper weight" because they all weigh something, and add weight (an ounce or so upwards) to the front of the rod.

BTW Wales Archery appears to have the Wiawis damper in stock if that's the one you want.