Win & Win ABS Recurve Case

Hilltop

I would like to hear from anyone who has the Win & Win recurve case and has experienced any issue with it.

I have just bought this case for my granddaughter (Mail order as we have no archery retailers in Scotland) for her Christmas and it appears to have been built incorrectly at the factory.

The inner flap which holds detachable pockets has been fitted the wrong way round. According to pictures I saw of it before I bought it when this flap is closed up against the arrow section these pockets are held on by Velcro so that they are within the main case area. However, on the case I bought these pockets are on the side which closes against the arrow chamber but because of this arrangement the flap cannot be closed as the arrows prevent this, there is just no space to accommodate these pockets.

Pictures 1 and 2 (the ones taken on the pink carpet) show my case and picture 3 shows how the case looked on the website.

Any comments would be helpful. The Archery Shop doesn't reopen until January so I can't do anything about until then. My granddaughter was just very disappointed on Christmas day.

Attachments

flook

Hi
I'm going through this at the moment, I bought two, one silver, one black, for my daughter and I. The Silver one is "correct", the black one is as you describe. I raised this with the retailer who, after some initial resistance, contacted Win and Win, who told him the "incorrect" one (ie yours) is the new design. The retailer I bought from is trying to source a second "old style" for me as I think the new design is, frankly, awful.

My daughter was also disappointed on xmas day

Hilltop

Hi
I'm going through this at the moment, I bought two, one silver, one black, for my daughter and I. The Silver one is "correct", the black one is as you describe. I raised this with the retailer who, after some initial resistance, contacted Win and Win, who told him the "incorrect" one (ie yours) is the new design. The retailer I bought from is trying to source a second "old style" for me as I think the new design is, frankly, awful.

My daughter was also disappointed on xmas day

Hi flook,

I contacted JVD who are the big archery distributors and they told me yesterday that they contacted W & W and surprisingly they were told the opposite. I called them back to make sure they got it right and they assured me that the new design is the one with the pockets to the front and not on the arrow space.

It seems there is confusion over this.

I am returning my case to the retailer as it is an unsuitable design and I'm going to have it replaced with the Fivics Aegis case which is something similar in both price and design.

flook

PM sent, seems we're getting different stories

I looked at the fivics case too, the only thing which put me off is that the arrow section isn't fixed, other than that, looks a good case

Hilltop

Hi again flook,

Read your PM.

As for the arrow section in the Fivics case I think this could be modified by using sticky back Velcro on the panel and lid to fix this panel to the lid which will give the option to be able to remove it if required.