Compound Bow Win&Win Shadow Pro 34", experiences ?

Lammas

Since the PSE Carbon Stealth is quite on the high end of the price range, I came upon another carbon bow recently, said Shadow Pro 34".
Has anyone personal experience with said bow ?
I've seen the YT reviews, all two of them ... :rolleyes:

My main criteria are obviously weight and length, beside the price. Since 3D shooting does not involve ground blinds and (tiny) tree stands, 28" bows are dropped off my list.

jerryRTD

I checked out the specs and the Bowtech Carbon Knight, Icon has got it beaten on just about every count. Not impressed.

Lammas

I checked out the specs and the Bowtech Carbon Knight, Icon has got it beaten on just about every count.
Not in ATA length (I fare better with longer bows).
And you can do any string/cable servicing without bow press.
The Carbon Icon has no such feature, but is on my list.

jerryRTD

It has been my experience that cable servicing does not need doing often enough to make that feature worth a great deal of consideration. Modern string materials are stable enough for it not to be a problem.

As for the A to A, the difference between 31 plus large cams and 34 is hardly noticeable. ( I changed over from a Constitution ). Then there is the rotating module draw length adjustment on the Bowtech, much better that the three separate cams to cover the draw length.

Lammas

It has been my experience that cable servicing does not need doing often enough to make that feature worth a great deal of consideration.
This depends.
On a PSE Ferocity, I could change/install the peep without bow press. This is a short-limb bow, and just winding the limbs down 10 turns (in case of this bow) slacked the string enough. For a Infinite Edge, I had built an ad hoc bow press. This gets real tricky with beyond-parallel limbs.
I appreciate this feature, saving me from a 100 miles drive to the next pro shop, and the associated costs.

As for the A to A, the difference between 31 plus large cams and 34 is hardly noticeable.
I do. I tried a 35" bow, and it made a noticeable difference for me.

Then there is the rotating module draw length adjustment on the Bowtech, much better that the three separate cams to cover the draw length.
Thats true, BT covers the whole range with one module. Albeit I would get along with the EZ 1 cam.
On the plus side, the Shadow Pro cam featues an adjustable letoff. As a counterexample, I didn't like the 75% letoff of the Infinite Edge in combination with the rather short valley.

As said, I'm not fixated on Win&Win, and the Carbon Icon is on my list.
But curiously, the YT presence of the Carbon Icon is about as small as that of the Shadow Pro (skipping obvious sales pitches).
What I realized: W&W is scarcely present in the European compound market segment, their main focus seems olympic recurve.
OTOH, some dealers I spoke with seem to have a beef with BT. Perhaps a left-over from the limb failure issue, I didn't enquire at that time.

jerryRTD

Do a search on ' Bowtech Carbon' you will find dozens of hits. I think there is still a fair bit of bias against carbon compounds

Just seen the w & W you tube vid on what you can actually do without a bow press, Impressive.

Last edited:

Lammas

Do a search on ' Bowtech Carbon' you will find dozens of hits.
I could have been more specific here.
I use to ignore videos from kids just regurgitating fact sheet items, of bow shop presentations starting with "presenting the all new ..." and containing "what a sweet shooting bow". Just no real information, and no own opinion.
To be clear, this is not aimed at BT - pseudo reviews for Hoyt's, Mathews', PSE's, Elite's, etc. all sound the same.

I think there is still a fair bit of bias against carbon compounds
I cant't speak for others, but I am specifically looking for a carbon bow, because of the lower weight, and handling. With handling, I mean shooting at high temperatures and especially during frost. Just tired of my fingers freezing to the grip ...

Just seen the w & W you tube vid on what you can actually do without a bow press, Impressive.
Forgot to note drop-away arrow rests. The cable driven one's (I am using) are usually pulled through the bus cable. I tinker with that occasionally.

Seen an AtomX review yesterday, which has the same EZ cams. Seems it is a Cam & 1/2 system, with stepless adjustments of draw length and letoff, but not as straightforward as others. Good to know.