World Cup Nocks

BlackadderIA

Just watching the excellent Archery World Cup on YouTube and looking at the kit the top archers are using.
Probably 80% seem to be shooting a really long nock on their X10s (probably 3 or 4cm long) that go right up to the back of the vanes - anyone know what make they are?

I thought they might be Beiter in/outs but they look longer?

It's time for a new set of arrows and the pin nocks I use at the moment never seem to save the arrow if I clip a nock so looking at alternatives.

Thanks

eljetico

Supporter
Supporter
In my experience, Beiter Outnocks are not the best choice if arrow protection is your priority. I lost two more X10s today alone, and many others previously - losses that pin nocks may well have prevented.

I love outnocks for their solid, secure fit on the arrow, being trouble-free in normal-use (no cracking etc), that they are reportedly the most 'accurate' in terms of alignment to the arrow but my dedication to them is being tested...

(update, added a pic)

outnock_damage.jpg

Last edited:

BlackadderIA

Ouch! Expensive.

I just wanted to try something different out as I seem to be having no luck with pins recently - even the tiniest little clip of a nock is splitting the back of the arrows.
I assumed those World Cup archers must be bashing nocks more often than most so thought I'd give their nocks a try.

Looks like I may just have to suck it up - that or get good enough to be sponsored for arrows! (Or get worse so I don't break so many!).

Thanks

Ar-Pe-Lo

If you want more protection, you can use these overnocks and still use pins - they may save you some arrows (it will add weight at the back of arrow and will make it slightly stiffer).

Mr. Beiter himself regarded overnocks as most accurate solution and also you have nice location point for your fletching.

- - - Updated - - -

In my experience, Beiter Outnocks are not the best choice if arrow protection is your priority. I lost two more X10s today alone, and many others previously - losses that pin nocks may well have prevented.

I love outnocks for their solid, secure fit on the arrow, being trouble-free in normal-use (no cracking etc), that they are reportedly the most 'accurate' in terms of alignment to the arrow but my dedication to them is being tested...

(update, added a pic)

View attachment 6562
I forgot to mention yesterday.....you may try to put pins inside, it will solve 2 things for you: more protection and will make arrows stiffer :)

eljetico

Supporter
Supporter
Ah, thanks Ar-Pe-Lo - nice spending the day with you again yesterday!

Good shout on combining the outnock with pins - I hadn't thought of doing that before. Just checked and the taper from the shoulder is hollow inside so they might fit (I use size 1). It will add a mm or so to the overall length too I suppose. Definitely worth a try to get the best of both!

eljetico

Supporter
Supporter
Beiter have apparently run with the pin idea and have adapted the 4.5/1 outnock to fit over a pin, calling it the 4.5/1X.

Can't find official info but it was advertised in a certain archery emporium's mailout/Facebook.