WOT? No Koreans!

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
there doesnt appear to be any Koreans shooting at this weeks world cup event.

have they taken the huff?
does World archery no longer need the koreans to participate in the ranking round?
did they miss their flight due to 787's breaking?

... we must be told!

ps: no brits either although that could be due to their blonde dye jobs coming out wrong! ;)

joetapley

Quite normal. They usually give one or two rounds a miss. Suppose it depends on the location and their training program. Hasn't yet stopped them qualifying for the final.

Issue produced a funny by the BBC Olympic 2012 commentator along the lines of how B. Ellison had shot far more tens then Im. Clearly didn't know that Im had turned up for fewer competitions than BE

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
I suppose... but am surprised then that the compounders didnt put in an appearance. they are just starting make an impact and they have momentum on their side with good performances the last two outings especially Seok

DarkMuppet

Yup, I was hoping to see if OH could do the treble this week and was surprised to see that the Koreans weren't there. Mind you, most of them don't actually need to be there as they've got enough points to get to the final already.
Only the compounds need to put in an appearance at the last stage to qualify for the final.

At least it'll give the recurves of all the other teams a chance to shoot a few more arrows now ... ;)

DarkMuppet

Well, after watching the Live scores coming in this week, it's the South American countries of Venezuela and Colombia that are going to be the ones to watch out for soon. Sara Lopez put in a perfect elimination round score of 150 to claim a new world record.

Makes me think we should get Richard Priestman back from over there and set him to work back here at home, before he gets the Brazilians up to scratch too! ;):D

DarkMuppet

Well the Koreans are there in full force this week in Poland! As is pretty much every country! It's going to be an awesome week of videos to watch! :D

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
that is a scary level of domination in recurve ... 7 of the top 8 places AFTER the head to head are korean.
ok, we know they can be beated (occasionally) but just how much better than the rest of the world are they when the only people who seem to be able to beat koreans are other koreans? ... wonder if any of them have a scottish granny?

Robing Hood

That maybe the case DarkMuppet, but would these Scottish grannies choose to shoot Deep Hook with three fingers or No Hook with two?

joetapley

that is a scary level of domination in recurve ... 7 of the top 8 places AFTER the head to head are korean.
ok, we know they can be beated (occasionally) but just how much better than the rest of the world are they when the only people who seem to be able to beat koreans are other koreans? ... wonder if any of them have a scottish granny?
Just as well we don't let the other 300 top Koreans compete as well. :) At least with a knock out system the lower ranked archers get a look in.
Good point about the grannies. In athletics there are Kenyans and Ethiopians with honorary passports competing for many countries. Perhaps AGB should hire a few Koreans.

Robing Hood

Yes, Joe. There is a saying in Politics, that if you don't get the result you want, change the electorate. The problem with that philosophy is that the underlying problems remain. Some may think that the purchase of a Korean *technical coach* will solve all the problems. It will not.

joetapley

Yes, Joe. There is a saying in Politics, that if you don't get the result you want, change the electorate. The problem with that philosophy is that the underlying problems remain. Some may think that the purchase of a Korean *technical coach* will solve all the problems. It will not.
Actually I was suggesting issuing GB passports to some Korean archers not coaches. OK I didn't think the smiley face was necessary :)

Robing Hood

Joe, I understood where you were coming from, but at the same time, I don't think you realised how close to the truth you came from concerning the thinking behind recent actions within ArcheryGB. :idea:

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
Joe, I understood where you were coming from, but at the same time, I don't think you realised how close to the truth you came from concerning the thinking behind recent actions within ArcheryGB. :idea:
theres THINKING behind recent actions within AGB? Who knew!