WRS / BRS Imperial Rounds

BobCat

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
Arising in the Poll "What rounds should count for British Ranking Points?"

There was much debate on the merits of World Record Status (WRS) and British Record Status (BRS) toward Ranking. But one question arose for me:- are there any WRS Imperial rounds and if not why not ?

And don't give me the guff that FITA run all world archery. There are plenty of worlds records that are not managed by international organisations,

e.g Egg eating in a minute !
Largest Pizza in the world
and many many more!

If it needs someone to from a set of rules and manage them dare I suggest GNAS?

Hidden Hippo

I think the main reason is that FITA, being French, is a metric organisation, hence the lack of imperial rounds. I doubt there would be any problem in having a world record for a Western, but the holder would (99/100) always be a Brit and would likely be the same person to hold the British record.

Watch_Man

I think the main reason is that FITA, being French, is a metric organisation, hence the lack of imperial rounds. I doubt there would be any problem in having a world record for a Western, but the holder would (99/100) always be a Brit and would likely be the same person to hold the British record.
The US have the 'World Series' Baseball - I can't recall seeing too many non-US teams taking part (perhaps Clicki knows more) So perhaps we can have World Records for all Imperial rounds and have GNAS manage them. Anyone belonging to any FITA Affiliate could apply for a record as long as it was shot under the GNAS rules. Then its up to International archers to decide if they want to shoot an imperial round...... just like I am sure it is up to us to enter a Baseball team in the World Series :duck:

woodsplitter

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
The US have the 'World Series' Baseball - I can't recall seeing too many non-US teams taking part (perhaps Clicki knows more) So perhaps we can have World Records for all Imperial rounds and have GNAS manage them. Anyone belonging to any FITA Affiliate could apply for a record as long as it was shot under the GNAS rules. Then its up to International archers to decide if they want to shoot an imperial round...... just like I am sure it is up to us to enter a Baseball team in the World Series :duck:
I understand that the "World Series" was originally the "NewYork World Series", sponsored by a magazine called the "New York World". When it withdrew its support the baseball authorities mistakenly shortened the name to "World Series", and it has been so ever since.

Watch_Man

I understand that the "World Series" was originally the "NewYork World Series", sponsored by a magazine called the "New York World". When it withdrew its support the baseball authorities mistakenly shortened the name to "World Series", and it has been so ever since.
Ah!

Is it true that Japanese and a South American team have been in the World Series?