Hoyt Cerakote finishes - Aesthetic question

Darth Tom

I’m reluctantly contemplating a new bow, having been an idiot and sold my good bow while out of the sport. Considering a Stratos with SVX as that’s closest to my old one. However, as an archer of early 2000s vintage, the promotional photos of Hoyt’s current bows with their apparently rough, matte paint finish does not appeal.

So, I’m asking those of you who have seen these colours close up and in different lights: which ones look nice? Which are a bit flat and boring? I appreciate this will always be subjective, and I’m willing to take that risk.

PS to anyone suggesting a different bow, you’re very welcome to! My criteria for a bow are:
- 38/40” ATA
- very hard wall
- works with a strong pull on the wall (“pulling the axles off”)
- strong shot reaction into the target for feedback

Stretch

My personal opinion is that the Cerakote finish is the best finish Hoyt have ever done. The high polish annodizing almost always faded to some degree. My Xceed is black, the finish is totally smooth and I’d call it more satin than matt. It does change a little with different light angles. The Slate (now grey, no blue in it) is also very cool in my opinion.

I’m not so keen on the red or blue but the orange is getting “wow” write-ups. (Jake Kaminski talks about the finish and gives some good close-ups in his review of the GMX3).

Cerakote is a very popular finish in the custom gun/airgun communitie, it is so for a reason. As well as being anti-reflective it is tough (if done right).

Alas there is no Wild Thing option.

I cannot speak to other compound options. I’d just be surprised if you were disappointed with the cerakote.

Stretch

Darth Tom

My personal opinion is that the Cerakote finish is the best finish Hoyt have ever done. The high polish annodizing almost always faded to some degree. My Xceed is black, the finish is totally smooth and I’d call it more satin than matt. It does change a little with different light angles. The Slate (now grey, no blue in it) is also very cool in my opinion.

I’m not so keen on the red or blue but the orange is getting “wow” write-ups. (Jake Kaminski talks about the finish and gives some good close-ups in his review of the GMX3).

Cerakote is a very popular finish in the custom gun/airgun communitie, it is so for a reason. As well as being anti-reflective it is tough (if done right).

Alas there is no Wild Thing option.

I cannot speak to other compound options. I’d just be surprised if you were disappointed with the cerakote.

Stretch
That's really good to know, I had wondered if the promotional images just weren't doing it justice.