worcester indoor problems

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
When club level archers change from one face to the other in a Worcester round, they often say they had to adjust their sights slightly. There seems to be little or no reason for this. I guess the answer could be to do with body posture and the need to tilt upwards or downwards as the target level has changed. Could it just be that the break upsets their routine? What do others think?

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
I haven't had to do that myself, though a couple of people at our club felt the need to adjust their sights when we tried a Worcester round.

What I DID notice was rapid fatigue from shooting five arrows per end...:faint:

Field Archer

TJ Mason said:
What I DID notice was rapid fatigue from shooting five arrows per end...:faint:
If you're quick enough, you can get in a double Worcester and finish in roughly the same time as others shooting a Portsmouth. Then you feel tired, I know, I've done it. :dizzy::tired:

Back to topic, I don't remember resetting the sight for the second half.

wingate_52

I have an adjustable recticule that operates as an iris. Rotating the outer knurled wheel, the 20 odd metal blades open or close, increasing or decreasing the diameter. It is a superb bit of German precision engineering and has paid off for me.

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I wasn't able to shoot a Worcester as it was 5 arrows an end....the fact that there were 2 details shooting and I had a target to myself did not matter!!! Politics and fuddy duddy archers :raspberry

Cakemeister

Fonz Awardee
Little Miss Purple said:
I wasn't able to shoot a Worcester as it was 5 arrows an end....the fact that there were 2 details shooting and I had a target to myself did not matter!!! Politics and fuddy duddy archers :raspberry
That's just pathetic. I bet they write to Archery UK complaining about club colours & shades of green ;):devil:

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
So what was the problem LMP - you don't have five arrows??

In terms of changing the sight. it's due to failure to hold the line when changing, the pressures change, and there's a tendency to start dropping the bowarm a little.

Bald Eagle

If you shoot the top targets , aim as normal. Bottom targets, aim high 5's to drop in. My 299 county record still stands!

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
It's curious isn't it? To hit a lower target that is very slightly closer, you have to aim higher??? What's going on there,I wonder?Mmmmm

currie1014

geoffretired said:
When club level archers change from one face to the other in a Worcester round, they often say they had to adjust their sights slightly. There seems to be little or no reason for this. I guess the answer could be to do with body posture and the need to tilt upwards or downwards as the target level has changed. Could it just be that the break upsets their routine? What do others think?
it is posture, you need to keep your t-alignment the same and tilt body not move bow arm up or down...