Amazing shooting by Clint Freeman

archery_mum

Trevor has just told me he had a message from Clint Freeman today saying he followed up his recent 1420 with a 1418 within a week using his Nano Pro's - well done Clint some amazing shooting!

I think I may try vegemite on toast to see what that does to my scores :cheerful:

Watch_Man

I'm buying archery_mum a new mental training CD from that well known Australian 'Kevin Bloody Wilson' which includes such essentials as 'She's the sorta Sheila' I am hoping this will help her keep the Vegimite down :) But well done to Clint!

The Meggy

Trevor, is that an official new world record 1420 FITA or was it shot in practice? Wow! :eye-poppi that's astonishing anyway, and then to shoot a 1418 shortly after... We appear to be getting very close to a maximum, maybe they'll have to go back to the inner-ten scoring (hope not though as I'm not quite that good - ha ha!).

grimsby archer

I wonder what will happen when someone finally cracks the perfect round?

With so little margin for error is the time close for increasing the distances on the fita round?

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I really cant see any need to rush changing things... its not as if there are a queue of people maxing out!! :beer:

not dead yet

Ironman
duncan busby on sat 1399..

james forbes, sat 1392, sunday 1396... must try harder...

well done on your win forbesy

Hidden Hippo

I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves - 1420 is one thing, but those last 20 points must be incredibly tricky to get. Somehow I doubt anyone will max out the FITA in the near future, and even if they do it won't be worth changing the rules as there won't exactly be 20/30 people all putting in consistent 1440's.

I think more likely is that someone, somewhere will max out a FITA 18m, but probably not for a few years.

D

Deleted member 74

These were not shot at WRS FITA Star shoots, so they are not world records. Just very VERY good scores by the first man ever to shoot 1400. The 1420 also included a 352 at 90m.

A

ASW1973

fita will not return to the inner ten.
there options are to make the target faces smaller for compounds making a slight issue for tournament organisers (but not insurmountable).
the other option is to score 11 for the inner ten ring (this has been done for field this year to differentiate between archers that were scoring 355-360 on fita field rounds by making the outer spot worth 5 and the inner spot worth 6. This has proven to be a good change so may be the route fita takes

Tony_zelah

Those are incredible scores and well done to Clint Freeman an achieving them. I agree with the others that theres no need to worry about changing rules yet, my guess is it will be several years away if ever that we'll see a results sheet with two scores on it with 1440 scored and 144 X's each.

Watch_Man

duncan busby on sat 1399..

james forbes, sat 1392, sunday 1396... must try harder...

well done on your win forbesy
Very well done, we just need a few more to join Chris White over the 1400. I agree with some of the other comments that the standard isn't high enough to require FITA to make things more difficult than they already are.

What a shame Duncan missed it by 1 point :(

Did one of the Korean Recurve archers not shoot a 1428 in practice last year? Now that IS incredible shooting.

A

ASW1973

marcus:
it does change the way u think about field a bit:) as soon as people get used to it and stop quoting there scores in terms of the old scoring system in the club house it will add a dimension to fita field:)

Shirt

marcus:
it does change the way u think about field a bit:) as soon as people get used to it and stop quoting there scores in terms of the old scoring system in the club house it will add a dimension to fita field:)
FWIW, I agree with Marcus. It's crap. It used to be that there'd be a gap between first and second of a couple of points, now it's 20 or more. The margin of winning is just getting bigger and leaving a lot of people without a chance.

(Hmm. I seem to recall I once ignored arguments like this as part of the Make BUSA a FITA thing. Whoops... :shhh:)