Beginners course on Saturday

Hi, my son and I are signed up for a beginners course this Saturday. He is very excited as we have been waiting for an opportunity for a while. He is eight and just hope his attention holds, very grown up for his age and seems to have a knack for target sports.
Enjoy reading the posts on here even though most of it sounds double Dutch!
He has money saved for a bow however I think the club will hire bows if you join , which seems a good idea in case he does not take to it.
Will post what happens and no doubt be asking a lot of daft questions in the future.
atb, dave

chuffalump

Hello and welcome. Have a great time on the beginners course, I hope you guys get the bug.

Plenty of other people have asked many of the daft questions already, so a forum search may bring up exactly what you want to know.

Thank you, good advice. Nothing gets more boring than beginners asking same question every week. Just hope search function is good? Some fishing sites I'm on are rubbish for search.
Cheers, dave

richard345

Good luck with your Beginner's Course, if you love it as much as I did a few months ago, your pocket is gong to take a little bit of a battering. I'm hooked on the sport and joined our club the moment I completed the Course and can't wait to get my own bow in the near future, once my draw weight and length are established. The only daft questions are those that are not asked, so the guys at your club and the friendly lot here will help, no probs.

My son and I thoroughly enjoyed today. Learnt loads and met some great people. Bug has bit deep. Lots of very sound advice and are both joining asap.
Lot to learn and a lot of practice but really looking forward to it.
Dave

It is a one day course. I know the coach and his team watch you like a hawk and the learning curve continues.
You are not just left to fend for your self. I personally would be unable to make six weeks of lessons due to work.
Dave