Carter Carter Target 4 - Opinions?

Zak

I tried out a Carter Only but had problems with it (mainly me) so I exchanged it for a Carter Target 4 that is being posted to me later in the week. Has anyone used it before? Opinions? Advice? :poulies:

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
When you say the problems you had were mainly "me", what sort of problems did you have? If it was with the shape of the handle, for example then the target 4 could give you similar ones.

Zak

When you say the problems you had were mainly "me", what sort of problems did you have? If it was with the shape of the handle, for example then the target 4 could give you similar ones.
The draw length on my bow is too long to use a BT release properly.

Last edited:

Zak

Have you reduced the draw length now? If its too long, it'll be too long whatever release you use.
It was OK with a wrist release. I'm going to get the draw length shortened in July when the string needs to be replaced. Anyway, has anyone shot with a Carter Target 4?

M

Moose

Yes shot alright but got rid because it was to long in the hand between my knuckles and the jaw

Changed to an ember and now a too simple

posted by moose on the loose

caspian

I'm going to get the draw length shortened in July when the string needs to be replaced.
why not just twist the string up in the meantime?

Anyway, has anyone shot with a Carter Target 4?
sure, but how it felt to me isn't going to make any difference to how well it suits you. I could say it was the best release I ever used and you might still not like it.

for the record, I don't think 4-finger releases are a great idea. 3 finger seems to work much better at promoting a relaxed hand position.

Zak

why not just twist the string up in the meantime?

sure, but how it felt to me isn't going to make any difference to how well it suits you. I could say it was the best release I ever used and you might still not like it.

for the record, I don't think 4-finger releases are a great idea. 3 finger seems to work much better at promoting a relaxed hand position.
I don't have a bow press. :(