Decent sight for under 100?

jantar77

Supporter
Supporter
Hi all,

my friend is looking to upgrade his Cartel 2000 sight with something more reliable. He asked me for advice but I struggle a little bit to find a decent sight under 100?. His preference except for price is the shibuya ultima-like height adjustment. I have a very bad experince with SF Premium and Avalon sights. I read a lot of positive here on Decut and it comes on good price too. Is Decut 120 or Cartel Activa worth the price? Or would he end up with same unreliable sight for more money?

My personal preference for not overpriced quality sights is still the Shibuya Dual Click, Fivics F100 or SF Ultimate Pro but those are not Ultima-like systems and the price goes slightly above 100?. Not mentioning the SF Ultimate Pro line is discontinued.

Thanks.

TJT

I have the Shibuya dual click and like it a lot. I just find that I have had no problems with it and it has just worked perfectly since I got it several years back. It is available for a little over ?100 so don't know if that meets your under ?100 requirement....

Ive had the Avalon Tec One sight in the past, which is very similar to the Decut - I'd recommend staying away from both of these as they come loose after a while. I went to the W&W WS600 which uses a similar mechanism to the Shibuya Dual Click - its been rock solid which surprised me as I thought the same as your friend (about the Ultima type mechanism). A certain magical archery store has the Dual Click for ?101 which will last you years. The Fivics FV100 is going for less, but I havent seen any reviews, though it should be similar to the Dual Click. The FV200 has the ultima type mechanism and is going for around ?100 also from the same shop.

jantar77

Supporter
Supporter
I have SF Ultimate Pro which shares about 90% of all parts with WS600 and I love it and Shibuya Dual Click as well but he's more to the "look" of Ultima. I hoped Decut could be better made than the rest of ultima-like low priced rubish even though heavy but it seems you really get what you pay for.

Btw. I had a hand on Fivics FV200 just yesterday and it seems to be rock solid. Nice built with metal knobs rather than plastic and very Shibuya like. Even though I'm a long lasting Shibuya fan it is half the price and very impressive sight. I would give it a try anytime and I expect the same quality from FV100 as well. It seems Fivics made a big step to the high-end quality archery equipment.

I had a bad experience with an SF sight - an SF Velocity which wobbled even from new. So I tend to stick to the higher end stuff as it will last you forever if you take care of it. FV100 and 200 are both on sale - one shop has it at ?65 which is a steal.

Laurie

Decut...have used one for a couple of years with no problems...For a little over one hundred, I have just bought a Spigarelli Carbon 30 Mk 2 Looks beautifully made, and easy and secure to adjust. (haven't shot with it yet!)