My Turn........

archery_mum

I thought I would join in and put my very short CV down in writing :)

May 2006 to Nov 2006 - exposed to archery through my children taking part at Friskney Bowmen. Persuaded to have a go by the club coach. I used the club recurve for a while and eventually bought a startup set. Messing around and nearly gave up archery till I tried compound.

November 2006 - Decided to try compound and bought a Selena. Signed up with John Dudley for coaching.

January 2007 - Shot my first RS Portsmouth at Rainworth and won

March 2007 - Shot the EFAA National Indoor, coming second to Lucy Holderness.

March 2007 - Won the County indoor title with a double Portsmouth score equaling the then GB record.

May 2007 - First RS Outdoor at Welbeck, Hereford round. Won with new County and EMAS record.

June 2007 - Won County Outdoor Championships

June 2007 - Won EMAS Target Championships with EMAS Record.

June 2007 - My first FITA Star, a double at Washingborough. Won both days breaking 7 County records and the only lady to shoot over 1300 on both days.

July 2007 - Won Lincolnshire FITA Championships.

July 2007 - Awarded Grand Master Bowman

July 2007 - First County Selection

August 2007 - British Target Championships - 4th Place individual, 1st place with EMAS for Hoyt Challenge Trophy.

Sept 2007 - Senior Intercounties Trophy - Lincolnshire Team member.

November 2007 - EMAS Indoor Champion breaking County and EMAS record.

December 2007 - Invited to join Carbon Express Factory Pro Staff.

In 2007 I managed to break 19 County and 9 EMAS records.

February 2008 - National Indoor Championships - Ladies Indoor Compound Champion and member of the winning England team in the Home Nations Match. First England cap.

February 2008 - Winner BIS 2007/8

March 2008 - Highest scoring lady at Yorkshire Indoor Championships (visitor)

March 2008 - Highest scoring lady at the Civil Service Championships (visitor)

March 2008 - Retained County Indoor Championships with both single and double scores above current GB records - but unfortunately not an RS shoot!

April 2008 - First FITA 70m at Clophill FITA Four - shot a 671 which was the highest ladies score for the weekend.

As I have only been involved competitively in archery since November 2006 my CV has had to go down to the level of individual competitions or it would be reduced to about 2 lines :)

The achievements I am most proud of are becoming GMB in 7 months, representing England and winning the National Indoor Championships.

I am a housewife, mother, decorator, gardener, cook, washing machine mechanic, dog walker etc etc - just like many of the other mums who take part in archery. Prior to this I served in the Army.

not dead yet

Ironman
extremely well done wendy. thats what its all about. dont mess about straight to the top.

you said to me at sherwood indoor 2007 that it was your first shoot i think... i thought yeah yeah heard that b4.lol

so when you taking up coaching.........

phil_r_58

Supporter
Supporter
Ironman
She already has some talented young archers under her wing. So take on "Team Friskney" at your own risk LOL :flamed:

Watch_Man

I was going to write my own CV but how many times can you write 'drove archery_mum to competition X, carried bags, slept in car, ate packed lunch, drove home, fixed broken arrows etc etc' :)

oh the life of an archery husband.....

G

CV of a natural very impressive and you've just got going.
Keep it up and all the best (to watchman also :))