Other Sf forged + grip - other wooden models that fit

matj16

Hi all,

Long time lurker and first time poster. Ive searched the forum before posting and not come up with an answer to my question.

Im looking to swap the grip on my forged plus riser to a wooden one hopefully with a nice design as well. The Hoyt grips look great and are widely available... will they fit or can they be modified to fit?

Interested to hear of anyone's experience in swapping the sf forged + grip. I am aware that sf do a wooden grip but it doesnt look all to great and isnt widely available. As a lefty i think i would struggle to get hold of one.

Any thoughts and opinions welcome :)

Mat

ThomVis

Anything can be modified to fit, but how much time do you want to invest?
Hoyt grips don't fit on Korean risers. >This< shop has a LH SF Forged grip. I've put a KAP Winstar grip on my SF SuperForged, which will also fit the Forged+ IIRC.

If you're not set on a wooden grip, try >Jager Archery Products< where you can get 2 styles of grip in any colour you like.

blakey

Hi all,

Long time lurker and first time poster. Ive searched the forum before posting and not come up with an answer to my question.

Im looking to swap the grip on my forged plus riser to a wooden one hopefully with a nice design as well. The Hoyt grips look great and are widely available... will they fit or can they be modified to fit?

Interested to hear of anyone's experience in swapping the sf forged + grip. I am aware that sf do a wooden grip but it doesnt look all to great and isnt widely available. As a lefty i think i would struggle to get hold of one.

Any thoughts and opinions welcome :)

Mat
Altservices also do the SF wood grip LH. It's a very good mail order co., with an international rep. If you don't like the look of the grip, it is a simple thing to sand it down, stain it and varnish it to suit. :)

matj16

Thank you both for your replies. I really appreciate it.

Interesting ideas Thom:

The appeal of the hoyt one is the lamination of the woods to be honest. Looks very nice. Although the plastic ones on that site look very nice I would prefer wood. I will check out the KAP and see what i think.
The plastic ones may become an option though as im a bit of a kit tart. I like my kit to look as good as it shoots.... and they look very interesting.

With regards to how much time... i have strongly considered making my own from scratch so i dont mind a few hours editing an existing grip. Im just concerned about the holes lining up as i dont want to have two sets of holes in the grip.

Blakey:

I have used them before as they stock some items no where else does. Not a fan of TAS though so will use them if i decide to take that route.

I had considered using the sf and adding my own finish. Its something i may consider for the future if i cant find a better solution.

Certainly some food for thought. Thank you both

mbaker74

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
All SF kit is rebadged Win and Win kit from the previous years as far as I know, so I would have thought theat a grip that fits win & Win would fit your SF... That should open up a range of options.

- - - Updated - - -

All SF kit is rebadged Win and Win kit from the previous years as far as I know, so I would have thought theat a grip that fits win & Win would fit your SF... That should open up a range of options.

Grum

My SF riser came with a nice wooden grip (on it from new - although almost 8 years ago) - so I would guess that SF have produced or still produce one. it is actually a very nice grip.