Shooting outdoors...

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Following the Yorkshire indoors, my next shoot was the Phoenix floodlit shoot a couple of weeks ago. I managed to shoot 16 arrows the night before to get something near a sightmark for both distances.. The round being a National.

12 bosses, 48 archers.. What a great little shoot! It was a bit chilly but nice shooting conditions. I started off well and cleaned the first dozen.. It went down hill from there dropping in a red every dozen at that distance. On to 50 yards.. First arrow low, second arrow high.. Damm this game! I managed another red with my last arrow.. Typical! So all in all I shot 636, won the shoot and set a new Yorkshire record. All this would be fab but a mile off where I was a couple of years ago where I'd clean a national in a heartbeat.

The difference between now & then.. Enjoyment, relaxing amongst friends, not caring about the score (clearly I am lying here! Lol).

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've made some fabulous friends in archery and its worth shooting like a muppet to keep those friendships :beer:

Craftsman

Oh, how generous of you,,,,shooting off to make friends feel better:applause:

Mind you, I used to do it all the time, in fact as my shoulder deteriorated, I got better and better at it!

(By the way, can you get withdrawal symptoms from not being an archer???)