Titan thread with a difference (I hope)

kes2463

:worried: I would like to ask, those of you with great wisdom & knowledge, if a Gunstar half crosshair with dot is allowed to be used on a Titan recurve pin? :scratchch

Compounds seem to have a circle+dot available as well as the normal dots, circles, crosshairs & half crosshair+dot.

I've been using my old Arten Olympic pin with a half crosshair in my Ultima Carbon sight & am comfortable with it but I fancy trying the Titan. :idea:

With a dot is the only half crosshair I can find available although Randy at Gunstar did say he would make whatever I wanted if it was not acceptable. :eek:ptimist:

I know ignorance is not an excuse but I apologise & throw myself at your mercy for bringing up Titan again (at least it's not a clicker thread) but I just prefer a half crosshair. :worried:

Cheers,

Tony

:cake::cake::cake::beer::beer::beer: for all, Happy New Year (it's gotta be better than last year, Surely? :melodrama )

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
What makes you think it wouldn't be?
I think the confusion on this subject (which has come up a few times over the years) is the wording in the GNAS and FITA rules which says about the sight 'nor will it provide for more than one sighting point'. AFAIK this is purely to rule out multi-pin sights not crosshairs and dots (or circles and dots for that matter)

If it ever came up my interpretation of the rule would be that the dot is the sighting point and not the cross hair so you've got only one sighting point anyway :D

kes2463

Below is what confuses me as I wonder if it is 2 points of reference.

202. Recurve (Freestyle) The following items are permitted:
(e)(i) It shall not incorporate a prism or lens or any other magnifying device, leveling or electric or electronic devices nor shall it provide for more than one sighting point. The sight point may be a fibre optic sight pin.

Just seen Tom's answer, Cheers & thanks for the pm Murray

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I could easily be wrong, so I am adding my thoughts just to have them tested by someone who knows for sure. I feel that the idea of not having two points of aim is to remove the possibility of a sight with a front and back point of aim.In other words, a sight that shows up alignment errors, a long tube for example or two pins, one behind the other.
Broken cross hairs, could be seen to be four points for aiming with, but are the same distance from the eye so are allowed.(I believe)