Android scoring apps...

Wolfthing

After an "incident" I've decided to score using, wait for it, a pen & pad!

I then tap them into an app afterwards. If anything either happens to either the app, battery or phone, I've always got the pad.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Strandline

Know what you mean Wolfthing, for me indoors is fine, but outside it can be difficult to see the screen...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

J_Dudley

After an "incident" I've decided to score using, wait for it, a pen & pad!

I then tap them into an app afterwards. If anything either happens to either the app, battery or phone, I've always got the pad.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to hear that. the next release (tonight I hope) will fix this. The current release uses the phone memory to store a round being shot which the phone can decide to use and so the round is lost. I have totally re-written this feature to use database instead so even if the phone gets turned off it will not forget the round you where shooting.

I am also adding a few bug fixes the the following features
- Plot upto 5 scores for the year to see a trend. (Once have handicaps will be able to plot them aswell)
- Backup and import database to Dropbox account as well as SDcard
- Export scores to Dropbox as well as Email

Next release after this will be handicap tables but that is now under question over Archery GB Post on main website (Opening a new post in general to see if anyone knows anything)
Also going to add the following
- Popup when distance change to show the sight mark you need to change to
- Classification lookup on the round you are shooting
- Points needed for next Classification
- Best Distances as well as Best Scores

Thanks
James
Archery Scorepad

J_Dudley

Number of New Release uploaded the last week or so

- Dropbox Integration for exporting / import database and saved scores
- Continue Round re-writen. Will never lose a round that you are shooting now
- Plot upto 5 scores for a given Year
- Small popup when shooting a round that tells you the new sight mark (Archer feedback from the shooting Line)
- Classification Lookup for the round you are shooting
- Best Scores for each Distance for a given Round (Archer feedback from the shooting line)
- Plus a few bug fixes

Next is Handicap Tables. As far as I know I am the only one with a Licence currently. Just waiting on Archery GB to see what they are doing with them. Code is ready to go on this feature

Also starting to look at ios as well. give iarcher a run for its money

Hax

Hi James

New version is great, thanks for your efforts.

I have one tiny bug with the Dropbox importing. A previous sync from my tablet to my phone has worked fine.

On Sunday, I shot another round and recorded the score in my phone. When i got home, I exported from my phone (S2) and then imported to my tablet (Nexus 7). Both operations reported success but when I checked my tablet, the new score wasn't present. I repeated each step three or four times, but nothing.

Finally, I quit the app on both devices and restarted - at that point, everything worked as expected.

One other thing, the saving of round entries between restarts of the app is great, but is there anyway to abandon a partially shot round and clear the continue round option?

Cheers,

Adam

J_Dudley

Can I ask you to look at your dropbox account. Within the Apps/Archeryscorepad area how many versions of "Database" are there?
There could be an issue with exporting from different devices and it not removing the first verison and just creating a copy.
will boot up my Nexus 7 this evening and see if I can reproduce what you have done

One option you could try is delete the database file from drop box. export from phone and then import to tablet

Let me know how it goes
James

Bertybobby

Hi James, something seems wonky with indoor rounds.

On both my nexus and my s2 if I select an indoor round the app crashes. Outdoor rounds seem to work fine.... :-(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hax

Hi James

Apologies for my delayed reply. I checked for multiple database files, but there was only one. Also, I had the exact same thing happen again yesterday.

I exported from my S2 and got a positive message. I then imported to my Nexus but the newly shot round didn't show up. Oddly though, changes to sight marks did show. I tried importing a few times, but nothing happened.

I then exported again and then when I imported, the new score was present.

I hope that offers some clues.

Cheers,

Adam

P.S. as above, indoor round selection is causing a crash for me too - thankfully it's outdoor season at the moment :)

cadavis

I have the same problem as well, that's with the latest upgrade.

To be fair he did say that he had a fix and would be sending it out soon.

Colin.

On both my nexus and my s2 if I select an indoor round the app crashes. Outdoor rounds seem to work fine.... :-(

J_Dudley

fixed in release I just uploaded to Google Play (v1.5.1)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi James

Apologies for my delayed reply. I checked for multiple database files, but there was only one. Also, I had the exact same thing happen again yesterday.

I exported from my S2 and got a positive message. I then imported to my Nexus but the newly shot round didn't show up. Oddly though, changes to sight marks did show. I tried importing a few times, but nothing happened.

I then exported again and then when I imported, the new score was present.

I hope that offers some clues.

Cheers,

Adam

P.S. as above, indoor round selection is causing a crash for me too - thankfully it's outdoor season at the moment :)
Sorry. Not had change to test this myself but will try and look at it over the next couple of days (Mad Life)

Hax

No worries James.

It's a small issue I can live with as the feature works eventually :)

Cheers

Adam

J_Dudley

!! Handicaps !!

Been given the Green Light on the handicap Licence.
Next Release in the next few days will have the UK handicap tables. Will also recalculate all saved scores and add handicaps to them

Also will be able to add more sets of Arrows / sight marks

Hax

Nice work James - I look forward to trying this out.

The extra arrow sets/sight marks is a welcome bonus too! :)

J_Dudley

v1.16.0
New Feature
- UK Handicap Tables
- Number one on the requested countless times. The Official UK Handicap Tables added to App. All Scores will be re-calculated with an handicap score.
- Classification Lookup updated to show Handicap as well
- Currently the only app with an Official Licence to use the UK Handicap Tables

Extra Arrow Sets is taking longer then thought so wanted to get the handicap tables out now that I can use them

Wolfthing

Hiya James,

Just a cosmetic issue but the "Classification Lookup" and "Round Details Lookup" buttons have the word "Lookup" cut in half by the size of button.

This is on a Galaxy S2 and it's set to Black/Red.

Hax

Hip James

I've just encountered a major problem. I tried importing my score from DropBox, on my Nexus 7 and Archery Scorepad crashed. It's now in a state where it crashes instantly on startup.

I'll backup the data files with Titanium Backup before clearing the data and retrying the import. At least that way, if you want them you can have a copy of my corrupt database - assuming that's the problem!

Cheers,

Adam

Hax

Clearing the application data allowed Archery Scorepad to restart and one is reentered my Dropbox details I was able to import my data without a problem.

Cheers,

Adam

Dr. B

Hi,
Just found this thread.
I have been using Bow Buddy on a PDA for a while, and obviously got used to that.
I like being able to tap scores into the target because I can see if mey groupings are off centre, etc.
And it has loads of rounds in, and classifications, etc.
But now I have just got an android phone, I was looking for an app for that.
Scorepad sounds the most advanced, but doesn't seem like you can tap on a target face.
Anybody know which is the most like Bow Buddy?
I have tried a couple of the free ones but they don't seem to be right.