Anyone read "Specific Physical Training"?

Flying Whale

Anyone read this book, and if so what are your thoughts on it?

"Specific Physical Training: Handbook for Archery written by Astra Archery"

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Getting archery fit is at the top of my priorities for this indoor season and this book has just leapt to the top of my wish list.

Big Dave

Not sure. The blurb on the Quicks web site says that it is based on the methods of Kisik Lee. However it is not clear it is directly linked to him or not.
I have just had a look at it it's ?28 that a lot of money for a keep fit book and some bands. Good coach he is but there are only so many ways to exercise and even the ones listed in total archery I have used them all prior to reading that. I think I will give this book a miss. there are plenty of sites on the net that will get you archery fit for free you just have to go out and do it every time you shoot.

have a look at this one for archery fitness.
Tenzone Training - What to train

esmerelda

or go to the website

... there's something remarkably similar to the Astra Archery book at
kslinternational dot com {hurumph not allowed to post correct web address but I'm sure you'll find it}
along with some other useful bits and pieces. You don't get the strap or interesting tube-like stretch band (that pings across the room wonderfully unless you follow instructions) but you can find most of these things locally.
W