Ironman
American Shoot
heehee

forum search > "clicker"

slainte :slaphappy rob

Kae

The American
American Shoot
My coach says that if you want you shooting to go down hill use a Clicker. Is he right or wrong.

Without knowing the circumstances, I'd say he's a waste of space where your archery development is concerned.

For olympic recurve there is no other way to shoot if you want to go all the way to the top.

Kae.

I

indy

plenty of archers world wide uses clickers,do he knows something they dont, probably not,lol

phillc

clicker

IMHO If your form and stance are good and the clicker is set correctly for you it should not cause a big dip it may take a short time to get used to using it but i would say that over 80% of archers use them with out any problems However if it is set incorrectly you will suffer badly
I actually know of one archer who cannot shoot without one which is probably bad but he has used one for years as a junior with a gap returning as an adult.

reckless

Fonz Awardee
Your shooting will go downhill..........
BUT only untill you have learnd how to use it and become comfortable with it. after that you will wonder how you ever shot without one. If your coach is advocating that a clicker will lessen your shooting performance for more than the time it will take you to become profficent in its use, then i would suggest that you seriously consider finding a more competent coach.

jerryRTD

It's basic physics any bow needs an accurate draw lenght indication for accurate shooting you have to put the same amount of energy into the bow for every shot. Change your coach.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
if you want your shooting to go down hill use a Clicker.

If the coach means "you" in general terms i.e.meaning anybody; Then I think he/she is wrong.
If you means, just you; perhaps there is a reason. Was any reason given?

ThePinkOne

Aaaaaagh no, not ANOTHER clicker thread...

Still your coach is correct in a general sort of way- in that whenever you make a change to what you are doing your scores tend to go down the toilet for a while until you've got the change sorted and into the subconscious shot sequence. The bigger the change, the bigger the dip and the longer it takes to work back up out of (don't ask me how I know this BTW.....:eek:), however if the change was a suitable one you do come back up to a point higher than you were before- and thus is improvement achieved.

I will not get into the debate about how appropriate a change putting a clicker on would be for you at this stage of your archery however.... :stirthepo

P.

wingate_52

Yes it will go down, then rise and rise. The longer the distance the more valuble it is. Put it on at the start of the indoor season, and you will master it.

SLOWHAND

I don't know you and I don't know your coach but I can make a few guesses. I imagin he will be in his fifties or sixties. He dosn't shoot competitively any more and hasn't for a good while, if he does it's in local club shoots only. Spends more time coaching than shooting. No classification at the moment and if he ever did have one it was 1st class or Bowman at best.

Plese let me know if the above are accurate,

Meddler

I don't know you and I don't know your coach but I can make a few guesses. I imagin he will be in his fifties or sixties. He dosn't shoot competitively any more and hasn't for a good while, if he does it's in local club shoots only. Spends more time coaching than shooting. No classification at the moment and if he ever did have one it was 1st class or Bowman at best.

Slowhand,

I'm gobsmacked. That is me to a T...

Iain.

pelican

Oh God, not another slagging off a coach thread based on one sentence!

Maybe if the coach in question is a board member and recognises his statement, he'll accept my condolences for having an archer who will ask total strangers their opinion rather than asking him for a full explanation of his statement.

Meddler

Forgot to mention. " Extremely good looking, kind to animals and children, no vices of any kind and a thoroughly nice guy with many other talents"
:shhh:If you PM your address, I'll forward the fee we discussed for you making that comment... don't tell the other people on the board.

moo-mop

Yes I discovered a lot of these coaches too: but on occassion these are also the best coaches, those that have recognised shooting isn't for them a dedicate their time to coaching.
Add the qualifier "and has no proven record at coaching anybody beyond club level". Only then do you need to question.