Easton Pro Field tuning

Got a set of 420 spine pro field. 110 grain points shooting a 54lb draw compound.
Getting a fishtail to the left i cant seem to stop. Whilst trying a bare shaft tune the bare shafts are going to the right.
Would taking another ten grains off the piles help? Also I shoot on a wind swept field so will losing weight increase drift a lot?
thanks, Dave

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Out of curiosity, are you shooting with or without a release aid?? I ask because it it is with, why are you bareshaft testing?? It's just that using a release aid greatly increases the range of spines that a compound can shoot because there isn't the arrow flex you get with a finger release. Indeed, both the Easton tuning guide, and the Goldtip tuning guide has bareshaft tuning as a finger release method only.

Have you check that you're not torquing the bow and that your centre shot and nocking point are correct? For a release aid compound bow I would be thinking more these than arrow spine. I think I shoot spines from 420 - 550 without any problems. Indeed, I have a mixed set of X10's made up of 450/470 spines that all group the same.

jerryRTD

Paper tune , don't rely on what you think you see. A stiff cross wind hitting an arrow can make it appear as if it is not flying true.

Out of curiosity, are you shooting with or without a release aid?? I ask because it it is with, why are you bareshaft testing?? It's just that using a release aid greatly increases the range of spines that a compound can shoot because there isn't the arrow flex you get with a finger release. Indeed, both the Easton tuning guide, and the Goldtip tuning guide has bareshaft tuning as a finger release method only.

Have you check that you're not torquing the bow and that your centre shot and nocking point are correct? For a release aid compound bow I would be thinking more these than arrow spine. I think I shoot spines from 420 - 550 without any problems. Indeed, I have a mixed set of X10's made up of 450/470 spines that all group the same.
Hi,yes using a release aid.Checked my nocking point and it has moved upwards! So not suprising i am getting strange results.Waiting for a calm day to start again.
cheers , Dave