Increasing Poundage

towser

When I purchased by bow I was told that the poundage would be 37 (which is what is stated on the limbs,)- having checked it at the club the other night I found that it was only 33.5, how do I increase it to what it should be.

:mind-blow

What bow do you have? Usually the limb bolts are screwed in to increase poundage but if you are new to the sport get a club member who knows how to do it show you as altering the limb bolts will also alter tiller.

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Please bear in mind that draw weight is related to draw length. If your draw length is shorter than 28" then it is very likely that is why your draw weight is lower than the marked poundage.

What is your draw length?

Whitehart

When I purchased by bow I was told that the poundage would be 37 (which is what is stated on the limbs,)- having checked it at the club the other night I found that it was only 33.5, how do I increase it to what it should be.

:mind-blow
Firstly regardless of the measured weight are you comfortable shooting the bow as it is, or is it too light? If you are happy then forget about it, if not get somebody in your club or a dealer to do it for you (unless there is no more adjustment) and show you how, remembering that you will have to reset/check the centreshot at the same time.

Your draw length will have a bearing on the weight on your fingers at full draw (for simplicity - if your drawlength is below 28" then the limbs will weigh up lighter at full draw) despite what it says on the limbs they can be a few lb's out and the only way to know is to weigh the bow at your drawlength.
It's not the numbers that you should worry about but if you are comfortable shooting the bow.