interesting compound

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Isn't that a Liberty Compound...?? or a knock-off of the design... ;)

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
LOL!!

it features double limbs to guarantee a super long lifespan
so that's what split limbs are for... followed by

Specifically engineered for a competitive target shooter
at that price I can see we're all going to be selling our Hoyts, Mathews, PSEs, etc for this... their designs are nothing like this one!! :rotfl:

If someone turns up at a club with one of these, can we have a report for the forum please!!

M

Moose

The release aid looks like the spot Hogg Friday night special (?90) that leaves a cheap sight ?40 a rest ?20 arrows at ?9

So the bow is ?20

Real cheap

posted by moose on the loose

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Won't the limbs more or less meet in the middle when it's drawn back...?

GoneBad

If you look at picture 4 you will see that the limbs are held together with the same parts that hold my Ikea wardrobe together, quality!

Apparently it's 'ideal for a finger shooter'

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
well, with that string angle, I wouldn't want to be holding a lot on the fingers!! ;)

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
If you look at picture 4 you will see that the limbs are held together with the same parts that hold my Ikea wardrobe together, quality!

Apparently it's 'ideal for a finger shooter'
Well I guess that would have to be "finger"... You probably wouldn't get more than one on the string...

Mitchofbick

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here.

I am a near total noob at archery, and have just recently bought one of these as my first bow with it arriving at mine on the 23rd of December.
its a tiny little powerhouse!!
Since it arrived I have fired about 200 arrows from it on my indoor range which is about 50 feet long. Having never fired a bow in my life before laying hands on this I was very surprised at how easy it was for me to hit my targets with it. and now I can usually hit a 6 inch square target with most of my arrows.
Quality wise, I don't have anything to compare it with but it seems very well made with no bits falling off and a quite nice finish. the only issues I can find are a rough edge on the pistol grip that has blistered my hand between thumb and fore finger and the allen bolts that hold the sight and arrow holder all need to be tightened up.
Annoyingly there are no allan keys included with the bow and every single one of the bolts is a different size to all the others, so a bit of a headache but nothing dramatic.
The sights work well and I like the illumination a lot. the trigger/release thingy is ambidextrous though you need to swap the brass part from top to bottom if your a lefty like me.. I found that the pull on it was very long and creepy, but it does work well and I'm getting used to it. The sights are nice and visible, though adjusting them is a bit fiddly as you have to use an allan key every time, and matters aren't helped if like me, you spend a while zeroing in getting it shooting sweet only to realise 5 arrows later that you haven't tightened up the allen key and the sight falls off!! DOH!
other than that its been good fun to use. The draw length is 31 inches which is about my limit, and I am a big bloke. my friend who is only 5'6 tall didn't have the reach to fully draw the bow. The let off on the bow is good, again I have nothing to compare it too but it was easy for me to hold it at full draw for up to a minute. though I found the little peep sight set in the string takes some getting used too.
Arrow wise, it came with three 30' fibreglass arrows which I supplemented with 12 X 32' fibreglass arrows. these performed ok, though I had one explode today which left me with a lovely welt. I think I am going to invest in a glove and some aluminium arrows from now on,

All in all I think I made a good purchase. it does exactly what I wanted it to do and its fun to shoot.

ThomVis

Arrow wise, it came with three 30' fibreglass arrows which I supplemented with 12 X 32' fibreglass arrows. these performed ok, though I had one explode today which left me with a lovely welt. I think I am going to invest in a glove and some aluminium arrows from now on,
Those arrows could be under spined, be careful with that (search google pictures for "carbon arrow failure" if your stomach is up to it).

Mitchofbick

I have today gone to an archery shop and had some arrows made for it. The large red welt and fibreglass splinters are an amazingly effective educational tool.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk