Not sure what to call this....

Hi Border Bows,

Are Border Limbs designed for the more experienced archer? I've only been shooting for a year and a half and would consider myself as barely competent. However, I love the look of your limbs and like the idea of supporting a local (UK based) limbs provider rather than Korea or China. I'm currently using SF equipment (SF forged plus riser with SF Axiom plus limbs) and would like to purchase some new, increased poundage limbs. Have been on your site but have found it difficult to navigate and, having looked at a pricing list, though I would ask whether you do a less costly range?

Regards,

Lugg Valley Archer

PS would have messaged you but your inbox is full

PFC1968

Hi Border Bows,

Are Border Limbs designed for the more experienced archer? I've only been shooting for a year and a half and would consider myself as barely competent. However, I love the look of your limbs and like the idea of supporting a local (UK based) limbs provider rather than Korea or China. I'm currently using SF equipment (SF forged plus riser with SF Axiom plus limbs) and would like to purchase some new, increased poundage limbs. Have been on your site but have found it difficult to navigate and, having looked at a pricing list, though I would ask whether you do a less costly range?

Regards,

Lugg Valley Archer

PS would have messaged you but your inbox is full

PM me if you want to take a look at my HEX5H to see what you can expect from the Hex series, you could pop up to Severn Archers on a Tuesday eve when I shoot there.

Last edited:

JohnK

This is a thread for people showing pictures of their Border-based target bows, so Sid may not see your post here. Best repost as a new subject in the Border forum :)

However, I can tell you that the idea that Border limbs are "designed" for experienced archers only is an absolute and total myth with no logic behind it whatsoever. Whoever told you that just doesn't understand what they're talking about.

Price wise, you'd pay around ?315 for the entry level Border limb, then CV-W. I have a set; they're extremely well made and excellent value for money.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a thread for people showing pictures of their Border-based target bows, so Sid may not see your post here. Best repost as a new subject in the Border forum :)

However, I can tell you that the idea that Border limbs are "designed" for experienced archers only is an absolute and total myth with no logic behind it whatsoever. Whoever told you that just doesn't understand what they're talking about.

Price wise, you'd pay around ?315 for the entry level Border limb, the CV-W. I have a set; they're extremely well made and excellent value for money.

Hi PFC1968 - thank you for your kind offer, further digging on prices has revealed that my low cost option may not be on the same lines as what border limbs go for. I'll have to decline on the visit as I'm sure it would only make me more upset seeing them in action and knowing I won't be able to afford them.

Thanks JohnK for the suggestion, I've re-posted it in the Border forum (or I hope I have) but as mentioned in previous sentence, it may be a forlorn hope to find a pair of limbs that I can afford.

JohnK

Honestly, if your budget is restricted, then stick with SF limbs for now and put aside a few pennies when you can to save for a set of Border limbs. Also, keep an eye out for stock clearance sales, as Border do have those now and then. This forum is a good place to look for news of those, as is Border's FB page :)

bolerus

Border are lovely to shoot, very smooth, but they do look quite different. Using them and you will get people telling you there is a problem with your bow, I even got one guy stop me on the line and said my limbs are on backwards, I personally loved the look.