Shibuya Ultima sight track mounting screw thread size

Flying Whale

Tried searching the forums but have not managed to find the answer to this. Does anybody happen to know the thread size for the holes in the back of the sight track of a Shibuya Ultima Carbon sight? These are the screw holes that are used to attach the sight track to the extension arm.

I have a Sure-loc 3rd axis levelling device, but it ships with an #8-32 bolt which is right for sights with imperial threads, but the Shibuya is different.

Many Thanks

mikeb0551

If the screws you mean are marked AR-8 on the exploded diagram and need a 3.5mm Allen key to remove them, they appear to be 4mm x 15mm with a 5mm star washer under the head.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Flying Whale

If the screws you mean are marked AR-8 on the exploded diagram and need a 3.5mm Allen key to remove them, they appear to be 4mm x 15mm with a 5mm star washer under the head.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Mike,

Many thanks. I had just managed to get into an archery shop and rumage around through various spares. I can indeed confirm that they are M4's.

So I am now looking for an M4 about 20mm long with a knurled nut at the top to use with the Sure-loc. Have found a few around, but they all seem to come in packets of 20...or more usually 100!. May have to bodge something.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
M4 with a head called Cap head or Allen cap? The head is sort of knurled but not big enough to use with fingers. I would be inclined to get a piece of ally and drill into it a tight fit hole for tapping over the cap head.Square section ally with corners rounded is good for finger tightening, unless you can knurl some round ally.

1FOX4u

Hi, I measured the thread size on my Shibuya ultimate carbon sight today. The thread is an M4 0.7 x 20mm long.

To tighten the screw just use the correct size allen key.:)