String stop for Hoyt Alphamax - anyone?

Flying Whale

Anyone have a spare string stop for a Hoyt Alphamax that they don't want or need? I know they are not essential, but I have got quite attached to mine, until the rubber split and cost me some points at Meriden.....

I know it is a reason to not have one on the bow (more to fail). However after more testing I really think it tightens up my groups. So I am look for a spare (or 2).

If anyone has one they took off their bow and is willing to sell it, I would be interested.

Please PM me.

T101

hey, though about trying an arrow, depending on how handy u r, 2315 perfect fit in my bowtech, fill it with silicone or something, and u can buy the rubber bits for end. i may have to put mine back on if i am getting contact with flx, but if i do it will b as far away from string as i can get it, prob chopped down.

Flying Whale

Thanks Mr T101. Looking at it, a 2315 is too big for a Hoyt. Looks like about 1 500 spine ACC!

It is not so much the rod that is the problem. That is intact. There is also a rather complicated platic bit that holds the rubber. That is fine too. It is actually just the rubber part. It is 3-4 years old (was shot a lot by one ASW1973 and I have shot it a lot too. The rubber spit in the valley, and then heading off to the side. So I think the string was hitting and diving down the split, kicking the tail of the arrow as it dettached....

I am sure this is why a lot of people don't like them (fine when they work, but when they don't they cost you 50 points on a FITA if you are an idiot and don't take it off).

I have however tried some fairly careful tests and think it does help my grouping, but as you say, perhaps not very close to the string (may also means the rubber takes less of a beating).

Hope you're shooting well, and I see you around sometime soon.

Exarcher

Replacement rubber stops are available from some dealers, I picked one up for a clubmate last year, but at a ridiculous price !

I think I may have one lying around in a box of bits... will go and check.... will PM you if I find it.

Flying Whale

Thanks for the comments and a couple of offers. I now have one on the way so should be sorted out.

AIUK strikes again!

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
How difficult would it be to make several rubber parts from an arrow puller made from the same stuff.Or the rubber blunts sometimes fitted to wooden arrows? The shaped end that contacts the string can be flat. It is on my carbon Matrix.

Flying Whale

More work that I would want to put in, and don't think my inventors skills would be good enough. I work so I can afford to buy toys....

Thanks for the idea though. Adam has come through for me and it won't cost me more than a few beers!