The Vicar demands it!

Fuzzy

Neat! Can anyone from a local club give more details? Naybe this a way to get more people involved in the sport? I also thought this was one of those urban myth laws, looks like I was wrong.

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
"We are celebrating the building of a new loo in the church. After all these years we have at long last brought running water to the church."

good to see the church progressively marching into the 19th century! :cheerful:

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Well, we are talking about a 12th Century chruch, so I imagine there are all sorts of difficulties about doing any sort of building work on the church.... or indeed the laying of water pipes through the graveyard.

Stikphlinger

There's supposedly a local law in Chester dating from the Middle Ages that was never repealed, allowing any Englishman to shoot a Welshman (presumably with some type of bow) if they were found within the city walls after sunset, without suffering the usual penalty for murder. Of course modern UK law has precedence over it, but still it proves that perhaps not all these old laws should be revived!

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
There's supposedly a local law in Chester dating from the Middle Ages that was never repealed, allowing any Englishman to shoot a Welshman (presumably with some type of bow) if they were found within the city walls after sunset, without suffering the usual penalty for murder.
Think York has the same things for scots ... although perfectly understandable - I'm fairly on board with the shooting of some of my countrymen!

Stikphlinger

Think York has the same things for scots ... although perfectly understandable - I'm fairly on board with the shooting of some of my countrymen!
If that includes blue-painted, mega-buck earning Australian actors doing awful Scots accents and allegedly representing the period from which the York law presumably dates ? someone save me a space in the front rank and keep passing the bodkins! I?d excuse the ham acting, but historical inaccuracy I can?t abide.

I?d not shoot at any bona fide Scots though ? I?d be endangering my single malt supply and that would be a real drag!

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana

payneib

Supporter
Supporter
If that includes blue-painted, mega-buck earning Australian actors doing awful Scots accents and allegedly representing the period from which the York law presumably dates ? someone save me a space in the front rank and keep passing the bodkins! I?d excuse the ham acting, but historical inaccuracy I can?t abide

historical innacuracy, in Braveheart, why, what ever do you mean?!!!!:stirthepo

napolienne

Fonz Awardee
Well, we are talking about a 12th Century chruch, so I imagine there are all sorts of difficulties about doing any sort of building work on the church.... or indeed the laying of water pipes through the graveyard.
Oh god, my work like just collided with my archery life. *shudder*

Many difficulties, all of which keep me in gainful employment.