Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Have we become the eBay police now?
Always worth keeping an eye on these things, Ben, just in case :) But we shouldn't always jump to conclusions if the seller knows very little about the item they're selling.

tel

Fonz Awardee
Always worth keeping an eye on these things, Ben, just in case :) But we shouldn't always jump to conclusions if the seller knows very little about the item they're selling.
Archers die you know - even if many give the impression it wont happen to them - and it could easily be relatives selling stuff on. Archers are also statistically just as likely to fall on hard times and have stuff snatched by the bailiffs as anyone else, and what do bailiffs know about release aids? The only thing that apparently singles archers out for special attention is a tendency towards over reacting. We have (many times) discussed how easy it is for J.Bloggs esq. to purchase archery kit - either from ebay or elsewhere - so why is it surprising that when it is realised that they cant shoot it, or even get that that trophy stag in the local park - they move it on in the same ignorance in which they bought it?

J

josh 77

something to do with the break-in a while back???
you wouldnt get those bows with people who that little about them.
Who shoots compound with a glove?

J

josh 77

ahh ok, i have only ever seen one person with one on the bow hand, not very common in cornwall and juding by those that did the celtic challenge in Scotland, its not all that common up this end.
Thanks to all that were at that comp that made it so enjoyable (desite the rain!)
and yes, the lack of details is a bit worrying, no DL/cam specs and its a buy one get two bows free.

mf78

It doesn't help that the seller is a new ebay user with zero feedback and created their account to list the bow. All possible things that somebody legit has to go through of course, but the way the items are listed is does make it look iffy.

Thunk

Ironman
I sent him a message via eBay to ask some basic questions; whether the bow described is left or right-handed and what draw length it is set to. I also asked for details of the other bows. Here's his reply:

Hi its can be used in a right or left the bow has been set to 70 lbs you would have to take it to a shop to get it lowered. Axle to axle 34 inch, the other bow's is a compound bow 37 inch 65 lbs can be lowered by hand. A recurve 64 inch left handed. If there is anything else you would like to know just ask. Thanks Damien

- damientennant1990
- all of which answers nothing, except that he knows zilch about bows! He doesn't appreciate how to distinguish a left-handed bow from a right-handed one, and has no more technical information about the others than may be obtained with a tape measure. The odour of rattus deepens by the minute...

Fuzzy

I also got a result back, I asked about arrows:

I have 3 types of arrows. 4 heavy duty steel tip heads 32 inch. 4 Merlin falme aluminum 32 inch. 6 easton arrows aluminum 34 inch. The other bows are a compound bow made by archery world 40 inch axle to axle. A recurve bow 64 inch if there is anything else you would like to know just email thanks
Sounds like a cheap bow (Perfect Line?) from AW and misc arrows from my end - but that 2nd compound doesn't add up with what Thunk's been told... hmm.

taffyquad

...and the moral of the story is.....

I sent him a message via eBay to ask some basic questions; whether the bow described is left or right-handed and what draw length it is set to. I also asked for details of the other bows. Here's his reply:

- all of which answers nothing, except that he knows zilch about bows! He doesn't appreciate how to distinguish a left-handed bow from a right-handed one, and has no more technical information about the others than may be obtained with a tape measure. The odour of rattus deepens by the minute...
I had similar problems with that guy when I asked a simple question about the model of bows. He replied "I have no time to say what the models numbers are am not a geek its simple you buy or you dont thats the way i work." At that point I googled his name and found him mentioned on this forum. I reminded him it doesn't work that way on ebay and he replied with the foulest. most insulting language which I can't repeat. (Clearly not an archer !!)

Moral of the story.... when buying something as personal as a bow - go to a shop and get kitted out professionally where you can try the equipment.

I am new to this forum - but I am at impressed what I have seen so far. :poulies::poulies::poulies: