Yikes - new Hoyt compound at sensible price point!

T101

As some of u know i've been critical:yummy: (albeit in a fun banter type nature) of Hoyts prices particulary for their top of the line bows. So i was pleasantly suprised to spot the Hoyt Freestyle in their 2014 line up. To me it has the best specs for target in the range (similar to mathews C4) And the price, under ?600 for black out! Fair play to you Hoyt. (faints)

ATA 39"
IB0 308 fps
Brace 7"
Weight 4.2lbs
GTX cam

can't post link to uk supplier as not forum approved last time i heard. riser looks a bit like an updated older model, Protec ish, not shoot through ofcourse, but for the money...

Ofcourse i'd still choose the more expensive C4 over a freestyle, i haven't totally lost it!

caspian

the Freestyle seems to be a replacement for the Contender XT2000. it's cheaper than the Contender was here by about $200 and has the GTX cams, but I am disappointed that it doesn't have the same airshox, doesn't get the nice dowelled limb bolts, no backweight bushing etc. the pricing is very attractive but it just seems a little budget?

I was seriously considering one as a replacement for my Contender but I have decided to go with a Matrix G3 instead.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
If I recall, Cadbury's actually have that shade copyrighted now... I'm sure they sued someone in the last few years for using it...

caspian

they won a legal case for the use of Pantone 2685C, but only for the specific use of chocolate packaging, as they were able to argue it was specifically associated with their brand after long use.

you can't copyright the use of a colour in general, and I think they'd be hard pressed to argue that it being used on a bow was confusing customers intending to buy a chocolate bar.

Marcus26

And you could be a similar shade but not the exact shade and they can't do anything.
Colour is a pain, if you pick a shade, some will like it and others won't.

dmp52nyf

Hoyt Freestyle

Old Technology GTX Cam goes back to around 2006 I believe, ZR 100 limbs - Cheap as chips ! You get what you pay for!!

caspian

as I recall the GTX cam was introduced new for the 2011 line, so they are effectively only three years old now.

how are ZR100 limbs cheap? best you go back to your Bowtech, methinks.

M

Moose

Old Technology GTX Cam goes back to around 2006 I believe, ZR 100 limbs - Cheap as chips ! You get what you pay for!!
The ZR limbs are used on the more parallel limbed bows or the short axle target bows

posted by moose on the loose

dmp52nyf

Hoyt Freestyle

as I recall the GTX cam was introduced new for the 2011 line, so they are effectively only three years old now.

how are ZR100 limbs cheap? best you go back to your Bowtech, methinks.
I might have worded it better the GTX cam does not date to 2006 but the technology is, look at some of the Cam &1/2 bows from that era. What in a name. the ZR100 limbs have been around for years, molded glass limbs, cheap to produce but very reliable, never seen a set break.

I was merely trying to explain why the Freestyle was so cheap.

Comments about Bowtech are totally unnecessary. I don't even shoot a Bowtech, I merely sell Hoyt, Mathews, Mission,Bowtech, Diamond, Pse and many other bows. I am in the fortunate position to be able to shoot almost every bow in those lines and many others that my customers bring in for tuning and repair.

If you ever want an unbiased opinion on most bows drop me an e-mail, I'll be happy to oblige.

All bows made today are pretty good, and all can shoot better than the person using them period!!

T101

You guys must not get the Chinese imports that we get in Australia then.
oh we do, someone turned up at the club with a bow in a blister pack, the hole for the rest wasn't threaded, strings were like bubble gum with no twsits to speak of and no cable guard either. they'll be selling them in petrol stations next :burp: