Compound Bow Mybo Edge

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
I suspect the pricing of the Origin was quite difficult. Do you price it cheap to be competitive and get the bow out in the market? The downside is that a cheap price may give the impression the bow is cheaply made. Or do you price it with your competition as a statement that it is a really high quality bow but risk not selling many as it doesn't have a track record?
If you price low it is then going to be hard to justify a big price rise for the next model if there is no radical change.
I think the Origin was priced on the low side as my experience of it is that is equal to Hoyt and other top quality bows with one caveat. The Origin has had a good reception so it may be possible to step the pricing up to the ?1100 but ?1200 may be pushing it until they get a high profile podium finish.

Oh the caveat... Warranty. The Origin has a 3 year warranty compared to Hoyt/Mathews with lifetime warranty for the first owner. I can only guess at the reasons for this but it does impact the retail price point if you are not servicing bows under warranty past 3 years. It will be really interesting to find out what they do.

Hidden Hippo

Difficult to say until the final price is released, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's that mark. For one the machining on the Origin is fairly straightforward. I could be wrong, but the Edge looks like it could be a bit thicker in places as well as having a more complex cage/bridging structure which would take longer to machine. I'm fairly sure it's also a longer riser than the Origin. I'd not be surprised if the aluminium blocks needed to be slightly larger (both length and depth) to accommodate this which will push the price up quite a bit (especially with a weaker pound at the moment).

39" long. The mate who ordered one is told June. He is an engineer and owns the origin. He says the new one is quality and shoots lovely. At least if you have issues a trip to Loughborough is not bad.
Do Hoyt / Bowtech have service centres in uk? A lot of usa bows price here is tax i think.
And you shouldn't doubt British engineering skill. And design.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ozzy

Difficult to say until the final price is released, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's that mark. For one the machining on the Origin is fairly straightforward. I could be wrong, but the Edge looks like it could be a bit thicker in places as well as having a more complex cage/bridging structure which would take longer to machine. I'm fairly sure it's also a longer riser than the Origin. I'd not be surprised if the aluminium blocks needed to be slightly larger (both length and depth) to accommodate this which will push the price up quite a bit (especially with a weaker pound at the moment).

Assuming a slightly larger aluminium billet is required to machine the Edge, but would that add 50% to the cost of total manufacture ?
Interesting to see the number of prospective buyers who expect a shoot through riser for that sort of money ?

Beardy

The American
American Shoot
Given the current strength of the pound (not to mention shipping costs and import duties) I'd expect any British produced item to be significantly cheaper than an equivalent product imported from the States. Indeed, it was this that lead me to believe why the Origin was cheaper than Hoyt, Mathews et al.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
if they think they can charge that much and sell enough then it is priced correctly. if it's over priced it won't sell. yay capitalism!!

AndyW

Given the current strength of the pound (not to mention shipping costs and import duties) I'd expect any British produced item to be significantly cheaper than an equivalent product imported from the States. Indeed, it was this that lead me to believe why the Origin was cheaper than Hoyt, Mathews et al.
Life was a lot sweeter when it was closer to 1.8USD / GBP. Yes the archery shops were creaming it off the top large but it was great if you were willing to import.

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
Some have placed orders due in June.
I've just ordered a green Origin which I'm rather excited about!

Ozzy

It's due to being so totally happy with the Mybo Origin that dictates the new Edge is at the top of my list as a next bow.
When examining all the other available offerings , can't ignore it.
Most of the big U.S. manufacturers' 2018 bows are usually launched with massive fanfare in October, when reactions like "I'm excited etc etc " in an American accent from their staff get used a lot, usually for very little change or benefit, so we shall see this year, eh ?

It's due to being so totally happy with the Mybo Origin that dictates the new Edge is at the top of my list as a next bow.
When examining all the other available offerings , can't ignore it.
Most of the big U.S. manufacturers' 2018 bows are usually launched with massive fanfare in October, when reactions like "I'm excited etc etc " in an American accent from their staff get used a lot, usually for very little change or benefit, so we shall see this year, eh ?
My friend says he should get his Edge this week. I might tag along when he goes to collect it.
Don't think I should shoot it as no way can I afford one.
Shot the Origin a bit and do like it.
Love my old Elite though. Maybe I'm just used to it .
Doubt having the best bow in the world would gain me many more points.
Dave

Ozzy

My friend says he should get his Edge this week. I might tag along when he goes to collect it.
Don't think I should shoot it as no way can I afford one.
Shot the Origin a bit and do like it.
Love my old Elite though. Maybe I'm just used to it .
Doubt having the best bow in the world would gain me many more points.
Dave

Confusing. :confused:
Mybo are actually selling the Edge ?
Was informed that their pro archers were the only ones to have them.
There hasn't been any announcement from Ben & keep hearing that there is further tweaking to be completed.
Keep us posted ?

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
announced on facebook, Mybo Edge available from 31/8/2017

My friend collected his bow a couple of days ago. I shot with him and had a go with it this morning. Very impressive with a lot of tuning opportunities, I dare not fire many arrows in case i want one. Without adjusting his sight my first four arrows grouped very well.
I am impressed.
cheers, dave 20170731_123923.jpg

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
There's been plenty of chat on FB about it. Still rather shocked at the price difference compared to the Origin; yes it's 7075 not 6082 aluminium (harder to machine) and has a few "better" parts) but not far off doubling the price is a bit OTT. It's heavier too.

Still not been "sold" the benefits over an Origin.
Just that it costs much more and some guff about not being able to afford it.

Hmmmm...

So come on, sell this bow to us all.